Blenheim High School
|Blenheim High School|
|Motto||believe and achieve|
|Department for Education URN||137906 Tables|
|Chair||Mr Roger Kitley|
|Head teacher||Mr. A.A Bodell|
|Age||11 to 18|
|Enrolment||1,350 pupils (Capacity for 1,430)|
|Houses|| • Tulyar |
Blenheim High School is a secondary school with academy status located at Longmead Road, Epsom, Surrey, England, that opened in 1997. It is a coeducational, publicly funded academy that educates children from ages 11–18, with 1,350 pupils on roll.
In the previous, February 2007, Ofsted inspection the school was rated "Good," point two on the scale, and described as "a good school with many outstanding features." The school had been rated "Outstanding" in relation to the questions:
- How good is the overall personal development and well-being of the learners?
- How effective are leadership and management in raising achievement and supporting all learners?
The school was oversubscribed prior to 2011.
On 5 October 2001 the admission arrangements were reviewed by an independent adjudicator who decided:
- The school should not name priority wards because this would discriminate in favour of children from the Borough of Epsom and Ewell, to the disadvantage of those who live in the London Borough of Sutton.
- The priority given to children of governors or staff should be removed.
On 26 October 2001 Stephen Timms, then Minister of State for School Standards, in a written answer, gave an assurance to Chris Grayling MP that the funding of the school would be safeguarded despite the ending of grant-maintained status.
The ties (burgundy with diagonal white stripes) feature the school logo situated just under the knot, over a stripe of the colour denoting the house of the student.
As of September 2012 the school underwent a 're-branding', which included a new logo. The new logo incorporates the four house colours of red, green, blue and yellow. The new school motto, 'believe and achieve', is below the logo.
- "Blenheim’s first pupils branch out" Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine., Barnet & Potters Bar Times, 1 July 2004
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 26 January 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Schools adjudicator decides admission arrangements for Blenheim High School in Surrey", M2 Presswire, 16 October 2001
- "Blenheim High School", Hansard Written Answers, Volume No. 373, Part No. 38, 26 October 2001
- "Welcome to the Blenheim School Website". Blenheim.surrey.sch.uk. Retrieved 6 February 2011.