Jump to navigation Jump to search
Looking south in Blenker
|Elevation||1,184 ft (361 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||715 & 534|
|GNIS feature ID||1561919|
A post office has been in operation at Blenker since 1886. The community was named after John Blenker, a shopkeeper and the first postmaster. The community once had a schoolhouse, the Blenker School.
- "Blenker". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- CH. XXVII Sherry and Sherry Station History of Wood County, Wisconsin
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- Rudolph, Robert S. (1970). Wood County Place Names (PDF). The University of Wisconsin Press. p. 11.
- Callary, Edward. Place Names of Wisconsin. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press. p. 32. ISBN 978-0-299-30964-0.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Blenker School (historical)
|This article about a location in Wood County, Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|