Wreh-Wilson with the Titans in 2013
|No. 33 – Atlanta Falcons|
|Date of birth:||December 5, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Edinboro, Pennsylvania|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||198 lb (90 kg)|
|High school:||Edinboro (PA) General McLane|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 3 / Pick: 70|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Blidi Bertrand Wreh-Wilson (/ / BLEE-dee RAY; born December 5, 1989) is an American football cornerback for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Connecticut.
Wreh-Wilson attended General McLane High School in Edinboro, Pennsylvania, where he was a four-sport star in football, basketball, track, and soccer. He played for the McLane Lancers high school football team. He was an honorable mention all-state pick as a senior. Rated only a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, he committed to Connecticut over an offer from Buffalo. In track, he ran the 100-meter dash in 11.4 seconds, and the 400-meter dash in 51.03 seconds.
After being redshirted in 2008, Wreh-Wilson saw action in all 13 games of the 2009 season. He started nine games, including the final seven games of the season, and recorded a total of 40 tackles and one interception.
Wreh-Wilson started all 13 games for the Huskies at the cornerback position in 2010. He had four interceptions on the season, two of which were returned for touchdowns, and also recorded 57 tackles, five pass deflections, and one fumble recovery.
In the 2011 season, Wreh-Wilson only played in eight games due to a knee injury, but managed to start all eight games, and recorded 37 tackles, including two for a loss, along with two interceptions and seven pass deflections.
As a senior in 2012, Wreh-Wilson played in and started 11 games, and was honored as the team's Most Valuable Player. He was also a second-team All-Big East selection and recorded 47 tackles, nine pass deflections, and an interception.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40‑yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20‑ss||3‑cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 3⁄4 in
|8 5⁄8 in
|4.53 s||1.57 s||2.52 s||4.12 s||6.97 s||36 in
|10 ft 8 in
|All values from NFL combine.|
The Tennessee Titans chose Wreh-Wilson in the third round, with the 70th overall pick, of the 2013 NFL Draft. He signed his four-year rookie contract with the Titans on June 20, 2013. As a rookie, he played in 13 games in a reserve role and contributed nine tackles, one tackle for loss, one pass defensed, and one forced fumble while adding five tackles and one forced fumble on special teams.
In 2014, Wreh-Wilson started 11 games at cornerback and ranked second on the team with 10 passes defensed. He recorded 57 tackles, an interception, and a quarterback pressure in the 2014 season.
On August 28, 2016, Wreh-Wilson was waived by the Titans.
On March 10, 2017, Wreh-Wilson signed a one-year contract with the Falcons.
- "Blidi Wreh-Wilson Recruiting". 247Sports. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Titans sign 3rd-round draft pick Blidi Wreh-Wilson Archived June 28, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- "2014 Tennessee Titans Statistics & Players". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Wyatt, Jim (August 28, 2016). "Titans Make First Round of Roster Cuts". Titans Online. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Jackson, Curtis (November 29, 2016). "Falcons Place Desmond Trufant On IR". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- Jackson, Curtis (December 9, 2016). "Falcons Promote WR Nick Williams to Active Roster". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- Weaver, Tim (February 5, 2017). "Falcons vs. Patriots: Final inactives for Super Bowl LI". USA Today. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- "Super Bowl LI - New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons - February 5th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Choate, Dave (March 10, 2017). "Report: Falcons will re-sign cornerback Blidi-Wreh Wilson". TheFalcoholic.com.
- Banning, Chuck (October 6, 2010). "The Day - Wreh-Wilson blends intelligence, athleticism". The Day. Retrieved 6 August 2017.