This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|First appearance||Legion of Super-Heroes Secret Files and Origins #2 (June 1999)|
|Abilities||Ability to absorb energy from a planet, leaving it in ruins|
The Blight are a fictional race in comic books published by DC Comics.
Fictional race biography
They are techno-organic beings from the 30th Century whose bodies are composed of rotting flesh and technology. They searched galaxies in quest of immortality. Along the way they met a powerful race, known as the Doda, with the ability to teleport across galaxies.
In the "Legion of the Damned" story arc, the Legion of Super-Heroes comes across the Doda and the Blight, and destroys the Blights' teleportation device. Without this device, which uses stargate technology, the Blight are unable to teleport or spread their putrefaction across galaxies.
In other media
- The Blight is mentioned in an unaired episode of the NBC series Powerless titled "Win, Luthor, Draw" where a spaceship is seen blowing up Emily's new apartment in the news. They are later specified as the Blight and that they're being pursued by the Justice League.
- In the "Legion of Superheroes" episode of The CW series Supergirl, the Blight are mentioned as the 31st race responsible for an extinction level event, which led to several Legion members stranded in the 21st century. It's revealed in "Schott Through The Heart" that one of the Worldkillers, Pestilence, evolves into the Blight over the next millennium.
- The DC Comics Encyclopedia. DK Publishing. September 29, 2008. ISBN 978-0-7566-4119-1.
- Blight at the DC Comics Database
- Galaxy Free of Blight, Fanzing (January 3000)
|This DC Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|