Blind (2014 film)
|Directed by||Eskil Vogt|
|Produced by||Sigve Endresen
|Written by||Eskil Vogt|
|Music by||Henk Hofstede|
|Edited by||Jens Christian Fodstad|
Blind is a 2014 Norwegian drama film written and directed by Eskil Vogt. The film premiered in-competition in the World Cinema Dramatic Competition at 2014 Sundance Film Festival on 19 January 2014. Vogt received the Screenwriting Award for Blind at Sundance. The film was later screened in the Panorama section of the 64th Berlin International Film Festival and was nominated for the 2014 Nordic Council Film Prize.
- Ellen Dorrit Petersen as Ingrid
- Henrik Rafaelsen as Morten
- Vera Vitali as Elin
Blind received positive reviews upon its premiere at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival. Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reports that 97% of film critics have given the film a positive review, with an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. It also has a score of 83/100 on Metacritic.
Scott Foundas of Variety, said in his review that "Ace Norwegian scribe Eskil Vogt makes a sparkling directorial debut with an alternately tragic and playful tale of a blind authoress." Boyd van Hoeij in his review for The Hollywood Reporter called the film "An ambitiously constructed screenplay translates into a film that's easier to admire than to love." William Bibbiani from CraveOnline praised the film by saying that "Blind exists as a nebulous construction, ever shifting but ultimately centered around a lovely and funny love-quadrangle with curious characters and consistent insight. The film's curious blend of the sensual and the cerebral manages to engage even when you begin to lack confidence about whether anything is actually happening at all."
|2014||Sundance Film Festival||World Cinema Grand Jury Prize: Dramatic||Eskil Vogt||Nominated|
|Screenwriting Award: World Cinema Dramatic||Eskil Vogt||Won|
|Berlin International Film Festival||Label Europa Cinemas||Eskil Vogt||Won|
- "Sundance 2014: World Cinema Dramatic Competition". Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Sundance: ‘Whiplash’ & ‘Rich Hill’ Win Grand Jury Awards; Dramatic Directing Goes To Cutter Hodierne For ‘Fishing Without Nets’". Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "'Whiplash' Owns the 2014 Sundance Film Festival Awards Netting Two Top Prizes". Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Panorama 2014: Selection of Fictional Features for Main Programme and Panorama Special Now Complete". berlinale. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "THE NORDIC COUNCIL FILM PRIZE 2014 - FIVE NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED". Archived from the original on 28 September 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Blind (2014)". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Blind". Metacritic. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "Sundance Film Review: ‘Blind’". Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Blind: Sundance Review". Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Sundance 2014 Review: Blind". Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Berlin: Norwegian Drama 'Blind' Wins European Cinema Labels Prize". Retrieved 14 April 2014.