Blind (2016 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Michael Mailer|
|Screenplay by||John Buffalo Mailer|
|Story by||Diane Fisher|
John Buffalo Mailer
|Edited by||Jim Mol|
Michael Mailer Films
|Distributed by||Vertical Entertainment|
Blind is a 2016 American drama film directed by Michael Mailer and written by John Buffalo Mailer. The film stars Alec Baldwin, Demi Moore, Viva Bianca, Dylan McDermott and James McCaffrey. The film was released on July 14, 2017, by Vertical Entertainment.
Suzanne Dutchman (Demi Moore) seems to be a happily married wife. Her husband Mark (Dylan McDermott) is a businessman that continuously travels and is very well known. One day at a dinner party, Mark speaks to a client, Howard (James McCaffrey) about a deal whilst Suzanne speaks with her close friend Deanna (Viva Bianca). As Suzanne and Mark are on their way home it is revealed that the couple aren't so happy after all.
Howard is caught by an undercover female agent for using and dealing cocaine and reveals many issues involving Mark. Mark is then arrested and Suzanne is facing charges for supporting him in his actions. The judge feels sympathy for Suzanne and mentions that she understands that Suzanne was unaware of her husband's actions and sentences her to 100 hours of community service only.
Suzanne follows up with her court order and begins reading for visually-impaired / blind man Bill Oakland (Alec Baldwin) - an author and English lecturer. During her time with Bill, Suzanne develops feelings for him and also finds out about her husband's affair which leans her towards Bill even more.
- Alec Baldwin as Bill Oakland
- Demi Moore as Suzanne Dutchman
- Viva Bianca as Deanna
- Dylan McDermott as Mark Dutchman
- James McCaffrey as Howard
- Steven Prescod as Gavin O'Connor
- Jabari Gray as Andre
- Renée Willett as Kelly
- Ski Carr as Ricky G.
- Drew Moerlein as Tim Landry
- Eden Epstein as Ella
- John Buffalo Mailer as Jimmy
- Chloe Goutal as Becca
- Gerardo Rodriguez as Frank
- John-Michael Lyles as Kyle
- Rae Ritke as Michelle Oakland
The film premiered at the Woodstock Film Festival on October 13, 2016. On February 8, 2017, Vertical Entertainment acquired distribution rights to the film. The film was released on July 14, 2017, by Vertical Entertainment.
- "Blind (2017)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- Fleming, Mike (2015-10-20). "Alec Baldwin & Demi Moore Team For 'Blind' Movie Directed By Michael Mailer". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-04-23.
- "Alec Baldwin Premieres 'Blind,' Takes Dig at Trump at Woodstock Film Festival". Hollywood Reporter. 2016-10-17. Retrieved 2017-04-23.
- "Berlin: Alec Baldwin's 'Blind' Goes to Vertical Entertainment". Hollywood Reporter. 2017-02-08. Retrieved 2017-04-23.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|