From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Labels||Warner Music Hungary / 1G Records,
|Associated acts||The Idoru|
|Members||Gergely Tóth - vocals
István Horváth - guitar
Gergely Édes - guitar
Péter Bodnár - bass
Valentin Jankai - drums
|Past members||István Török - drums
Gábor Molnár - guitars
László Sleisz - bass
- Their newest record, Ancient Scream Therapy, is released through Hammer Records in dualdisc format on December 4. Track "Lost in Time" features the vocalist of Ignite (Zoli Teglas).
- Eastern European tour in the Balkane and some shows in Western Europe including Dirty8 Festival in France with HED(PE).
- The band’s new record called Ancient Scream Therapy makes it to the 1st place on the albumchart of Hungary’s Hammer magazine.
- Another Sziget Festival appearance with Sick Of It All at Hammer Stage
- New video for Go Get A Life! new track from the new album
- Hungarian and international tours (Ukraine, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania)
- One month long European tour in Western Europe (Switzerland, Italy, Germany, France) and Eastern Europe (Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Poland, Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania) in January and February.
- Small tour in Italy in May
- Summer festival shows in Hungary including Sziget with 69 Eyes and Wanted Fest with Anthrax on the Main Stage.
- Plays two shows in Vienna: opening up for Born From Pain and Open Air Against Racism Festival
- The new video for the song called Wise-Men of the West appears on TV in Hungary
- European tour in September with The Idoru (Slovenia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Italy, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria) for three weeks
- Third album release: Worst-Case Scenario (label: Hammer/Edge Records – Hungarian Licensee of Relapse, Metal Blade, Nuclear Blast)
- The band signs with Hardebaran Management and TwoFatMen Records/Twilight Distribution
- The album gets raving reviews: Aardshock 94/100, Metal Hammer H 9/10
- Hungarian major festivals
- Sziget gig at HammerWorld stage with Children of Bodom
- Third video for the song "Worst-Case Scenario"
- After a couple of NYC clubshows and three years of living in the United States, the band moves back to Hungary.
- Welcome back show: Opening up for Isis in Budapest
- Hungarian major summer festival appearances including Sziget with Napalm Death
- Nationwide tour in Hungary
- Wanted Festival opening for Sepultura on the Main Stage
- First small European tour with a band called Majority Rule
- Second album, recorded in Hungary, released by 1G Records, called Product of Our Imagination (Metal Hammer H 9/10)
- The band opens up for Slayer in Hungary (Petofi Hall)
- Sziget appearance on Metal Hammer Stage (2nd biggest stage) with Kreator
- NYC clubshows
- Brutal Comp. No.1. Compilation CD, is released by McGathy Radio Promotion Co./Edge., which includes 3 songs from Blind Myself (from Product of Our Imagination) and is played in more than 500 college radio stations throughout the United States. Cover designed by Alan Roberts of Life of Agony.
- Blind Myself plays at the legendary Gainesville Hardcore festival in Florida
- Still staying in New York City, the band’s works in the City and lives in Brooklyn
- Plays showcases, gigs in NYC clubs (CBGB’s, Continental, etc.…) with bands like JJ Paradise Players Club, Puddle of Mudd (by accident), Keelhaul, Kill Your Idols, Ignite, Vision, etc.
- Two sold out Hungarian shows in May (Budapest and Debrecen)
- First nationwide Blind headlined tour
- American tour with Ignite (first Hungarian band that ever played in the States from the Hungarian metal scene)
- The band settles down in NYC
- Plays showcases in legendary clubs like CBGB’s, Continental, L’Amour, Don Hills, etc.
- Blind Myself signs with Warner Music Hungary / 1G Records
- First full length released, called Heaven’t on Warner/1G (Metal Hammer H 9/10)
- Second video appears on TV called "Kain"
- First EP called Horrified by the Sun is recorded and released by the band itself, distributed by Crossroads Records Hungary (Metal Hammer H 10/10)
- First video for Horrified by the Sun appears on TV
- Tour in Hungary
- Sziget Festival show
- Second demo, Horrified by the Sun, is recorded
- First Sziget Festival appearance on Banan Stage (talent stage)
- First demo is recorded, called Blind Yourself
- First nationwide tour
- Band is formed by Gabor Molnar and Istvan Torok
first line up: Istvan Torok- drums Gabor Molnar-guitars Laszlo Sleisz - bass
|Release Date||Title||Label||Other Information|
|1998||Horrified By The Sun EP||EP|
|1999||Heaven't||1G Records/Warner Music Hungary|
|2002||Product Of Our Imagination||1G Records/Warner Music Hungary|
|2004||Worst-Case Scenario||Edge/Hammer Records|
|2006||Ancient Scream Therapy||Edge/Hammer Records/Tiefdruck-Musik/Universal Music|
|2009||Budapest, 7fok, Eső||Edge/Hammer Records|
Hungarian Metal Awards titles
Title didn't exist
|Best concert band of the year
Isten Háta Mögött
|Album of the year
|Best production of the year||Succeeded by