Blind Spot Pictures
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Completed films include the Finnish/Chinese kung-fu film Jade Warrior by Antti-Jussi Annila, Man's Job by Aleksi Salmenperä, Dancer in the Dark by Lars von Trier (Zentropa / Denmark), The Rainbowmaker by Oscar nominated Nana Djordjadze, and A Rational Solution by Jörgen Bergmark, as well as the Golden Globe nominee Everlasting Moments by Jan Troell.
Blind Spot Pictures has been co-producing with countries like China, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Holland, UK, Italy, Sweden and Russia.
Most recently, Blind Spot Pictures produced the film Iron Sky for Timo Vuorensola, as a dark science fiction comedy about Nazis on the moon. They also have several features in development, including pre-production on Antti-Jussi Annila's werewolf inversion titled Human, and the Iron Sky sequel Iron Sky: The Coming Race. In 2012, Iron Sky director Vuorensola joined as partner with the company.
Film & television productions
Feature length films
- Geography of Fear "Pelon maantiede" (2000) – Directed and screenplay by Auli Mantila. A psychological thriller, 96 min. In co-production with Wüste Filmproduktion (Germany) and Zentropa (Denmark).
- Cyclomania (2001) Drama, 93 min.
- Dancer in the Dark (2001) (co-production with Zentropa) Musical, Drama, 136 min.
- Eila (2002) – Directed by Jarmo Lampela. Screenplay by Tove Idström. Drama, 94 min.
- Producing Adults "Lapsia ja aikuisia" (2004) (co-production with Sonet Film AB and Film i Väst) Drama / Comedy, 102 min. Sales Company: Celluloid Dreams.
- Third Wave (2003) (co-production with Sonet Film) – Directed by Anders Nilsson. Screenplay by Anders Nilsson & Joakim Hansson. Thriller, 114 min.
- Jade Warrior "Jadesoturi" (2006) (co-production with FuWorks, Film Tower Kuubis & Ming Productions) Finnish-Dutch-Estonian-Chinese co-production. Epic love story / Fantasy / Martial arts, 104 min. In . Sales Company: Rezo Films
- A Man’s Job "Miehen Työ" (2006) Tragicomedy, 103 min.
- The Rainbowmaker (2008) (co-production with 27 Films Productions) – Directed by Nana Djordjadze. Screenplay by Irakli Kvirikadze. A German-Italian-Dutch-Finnish-Russian co-production. Drama / Romantic Fantasy. 90 min, Main producer 27 Films Productions
- Maria Larsson`s Everlasting Moment (2008) (co-production with Final Cut Productions, Göta Film AB & Motlys A/S)
- Falling Angels "Putoavia Enkeleitä" (2008) – Directed by Heikki Kujanpää, Screenplay by Sami Parkkinen, Heikki Kujanpää and Heikki Huttu-Hiltunen, Drama, 100 min.
- A Rational Solution "De rationella", "Ruotsalainen avioliitto" (2008) (as a co-producer – Directed by Jörgen Bergmark, Screenplay by Jens Jonsson, Drama, 100 min. Main producer Hepp Film (Sweden), in co-production with Pandora (Germany)
- Human (2012) – Directed by Antti-Jussi Annila.
- Iron Sky (2013) – Directed by Timo Vuorensola.
- Iron Sky: The Coming Race (2017) – Directed by Timo Vuorensola.
Short films & Documentaries
- I Loved a Desperate Woman "Rakastin epätoivoista naista"
Directed by Jarmo Lampela. Screenplay by Tove Idström. Drama, 52 min. 1999.
- One Hundred Generations "Sata sukupolvea"
Directed and screenplay by Markku Tuurna. A documentary film, 60 min. 1999.
- Slow at Heart "Kuningas hidas"
Directed by Saara Saarela. Screenplay by Iiro Küttner. Drama, 60 min. 2000.
- Stripping "Hengittämättä ja nauramatta"
Directed by Saara Saarela. Screenplay by Vera Kiiskinen. Drama, 75 min. 2002.
Directed by Lotta Kupiainen. Screenplay by Jan Forsström & Lotta Kupiainen. Drama / Comedy, 55 min. 2005.
- Family of One "Yhden hengen perhe"
Directed and screenplay by Mia Halme. A documentary film, 49 min. 2005.
- Opportunist "Menestyjä"
Directed and screenplay by Teemu Nikki. Black comedy, 9 min. 2005.
- Jungle of Dreams
Directed and screenplay by Esa Illi. Comedy. 45 min for TV. 2008.
- Tokyo Baby
Directed by Tommi Kainulainen. Screenplay by Aino Lappalainen & Anna Lappalainen. Youth drama . 26 min for TV. 2010.
- Happy Fatties
Directed by Teppo Airaksinen . Screenplay by Teppo Airaksinen & Antti Pesonen. Black comedy. 16 min for TV. 2010.