|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Blind Witness performing live in 2009
|Origin||Granby, Quebec, Canada|
|Years active||2005–2012, 2014–present|
Blind Witness is a Canadian deathcore band from Granby, Quebec. Formed in 2005, the group was formerly signed to Mediaskare Records and released two full-length studio albums. The band broke up in 2012, but reformed in 2014.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Formation, Silence Are Words, Nightmare on Providence St. (2005–2010)
Blind Witness was founded in 2005, by vocalist Jonathan Cabana in Granby, Quebec along with friends guitarist Pier-Luc Desroches and drummer Kevin Desroches. They later added guitarist/vocalist Maxime Lacroix and bassist Miguel Lepage to the roster. In 2005, the band began performing in Montreal.
While writing their follow up album, Blind Witness signed to heavy music label Mediaskare Records and entered the studio to record Nightmare on Providence Street. Released in 2010, the album was met with positive reviews, with Absolute Punk scoring it 84 percent and the reviewer stating that "metal core is one of the most hated genre's of metal. I believe that Blind Witness can prove that wrong to a lot of different metal fans."
Line-up changes and break up (2011–2012)
In September 2011 it was announced that John Campbell, Maxime Lacroix, Miguel Lepage and Eric Morotti left the band. A few days later Campbell posted on his Facebook: "The band is not broken up. Myself, Miguel, Max and Eric have quit. The band could very well continue with a new line-up. I'm sure something will be posted soon in regards to the continuation of the band, but for now, 4 of the 5 members have quit, and that's that." Cabana had the following to say: "I'll keep everyone posted soon! We toured a lot and need some time home! I started this band in my basement. I changed a LOT of members through the time! Me and Max are they only original members; Max doesn't want to tour anymore but he still wants to write the new record! Only the people who play live will change, not the music!" A few months later Eric Morotti rejoined the band, along with new guitarist, Olivier Roy, and bassist Francis Beaupré. Lacroix played his last show with the band in October but will continue to write and record the band's next record. Nicolas Doiron has now taken the place as the 2nd guitar player for the band.
On February 10, Blind Witness confirmed that they're going into the studio to record their next album in May.
On May 25, 2012 Blind Witness announced their break up. They played their last show in Montreal, QC, Canada on August 12 at the Heavy MTL 2012 festival.
Reformation (2014 onward)
On July 3, 2014, Blind Witness announced on their Facebook page "more songs in the making". In the following months, they confirmed that they would be recording and releasing their next album I Am Hell. Along with releasing artwork and an update video uploaded to YouTube.
- Current members
- Jonathan Cabana – lead vocals (2005–2012, 2014–present)
- Maxime Lacroix – lead guitar, backing vocals (2005–2011, 2014–present), studio songwriting (2010-2012)
- Eric Morotti – drums (2009–2012, 2014–present)
- Olivier Roy – guitars (2011–2012, 2014–present)
- Francis "Frank the Tank" Beaupre – bass (2011–2012, 2014–present)
- Former members
- Samuel Langlois – guitar (2005)
- Maxime Desroches – bass (2005)
- Kevin Desroches – drums (2005–2008)
- Sonny Tremblay – drums (2008)
- Tim Burak – drums (2008)
- Pier-Luc Desroches – lead guitar, vocals (2005–2009)
- Mathieu Paquette – guitar (2009)
- Miguel Lepage – bass (2006–2011)
- John Campbell – guitar (2009–2011)
- Nicolas Doiron – guitar (2011-2012)
- Studio albums
- Means/Blind Witness - Split EP (Torque Records, 2007)
- I Am Hell (independent, 2015)
- "Confessions" (2007)
- "Bleeding Blades" (2008)
- "Baby, One More Notch" (2010)
- "Absolute Punk Cd Review". Runningfree1. Absolutepunk. 1 March 2010. Retrieved 13 September 2010.