|Immedia Semiconductor Inc|
|Founders||Peter Besen |
|Products||Home security cameras, video doorbells|
Blink is a home automation company which produces battery-powered home security cameras and a video doorbell. The company was founded in 2009 by Peter Besen, Don Shulsinger and Stephen Gordon. The company was initially started as Immedia Semiconductor Inc in 2009, but pivoted into a consumer electronics company. In 2014, the company had a Kickstarter campaign for their indoor security camera, which raised over US$1 million. Subsequently, Blink later announced an outdoor security camera, home security system, and video doorbell.
Amazon announced in December 2017 that they had acquired the company. Blink continues to operate as an independent subsidiary. It is anticipated that Blink's technology will be used for the Amazon Key service.
- Bray, Hiawatha (21 December 2017). "Maker of Blink home security cameras bought by Amazon". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Higginbotham, Stacey (21 July 2014). "Could this battery-powered, Wi-Fi camera show chip startups how to find a market?". Gigaom. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Heater, Brian (5 December 2016). "Blink's home security camera gets an outdoor version". TechCrunch. Oath Inc. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Ricker, Thomas (2 January 2017). "Little Blink camera expands into whole-home security, for a price". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Cipriani, Jason (19 December 2017). "Blink's new $99 video doorbell cam is a breeze to install". ZDNet. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Maring, Joe (22 December 2017). "Amazon buys smart doorbell and camera maker Blink". Android Central. Mobile Nations. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Hartmans, Avery (22 December 2017). "Amazon just bought Blink, a startup that makes wireless security cameras". Business Insider. Retrieved 22 December 2017.