Blissville Township, Jefferson County, Illinois
Location in Jefferson County
Jefferson County's location in Illinois
|• Total||34.75 sq mi (90.0 km2)|
|• Land||34.71 sq mi (89.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.09%|
|Elevation||469 ft (143 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||404|
|• Density||11.6/sq mi (4.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62808, 62883, 62894, 62898|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.75 square miles (90.0 km2), of which 34.71 square miles (89.9 km2) (or 99.88%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.09%) is water. The township is centered at 38°15'N 89°5'W (38.257,-89.088).
Cities, towns, villages
- Waltonville (northwest quarter)
- Williamsburg at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Casner Township (north)
- McClellan Township (east)
- Elk Prairie Township (southeast)
- Bald Hill Township (south)
- DuBois Township, Washington County (west)
- Ashley Township, Washington County (northwest)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Gilbert, Knob Prairie, Minson, Mount Zion, Quinn and Taylor.
- Waltonville Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Blissville Township, Jefferson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.