|Year founded||1 November 1984|
|Based in||Paço de Arcos|
Blitz is a Portuguese media brand that focus on popular music and pop culture, based in Paço de Arcos. Since February of 2018, the brand is present only on digital media and sporadic, special printed editions. Between November of 1984 and April of 2006, Blitz took the form of a weekly newspaper. Later, between June of 2006 and January of 2018, Blitz was issued as monthly magazine. It was one of the early music publications in Portugal.
History and profile
The 2004 circulation of Blitz was about 20,000 copies. Its circulation was 16,000 copies in 2007. The magazine had a circulation of 16,344 copies in 2010 and 14,008 in 2011. The circulation of the magazine was 10,648 copies in 2012.
In late 2017, Impresa announced that the regular (i.e., monthly) publication of Blitz would cease to exist and that the Blitz brand would still be present in the form of its website and special, non-monthly editions of the magazine. It is expected that there will be published at least three special editions of the magazine in 2018. Since 2018, Blitz and Expresso are the only printed publications owned by Impresa.
- Rui Alexandre Novais; Hugo Ferro (2013). "Media Stratups in a Creative Destructive Scenario" (PDF). II. International Conference on Communication, Media, Technology and Design. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Richard Elliott (2010). Fado and the Place of Longing: Loss, Memory and the City. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. p. 143. ISBN 978-0-7546-6795-7. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Blitz (Portugal)". Publicitas. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Singies". Billboard: 58. 3 April 2004. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- Anne Austin et. al. (2008). "Western Europe Market and Media Fact" (PDF). ZenithOptimedia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 February 2015. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "Top 50 Magazines". IFABC. 30 April 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2015.