From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up blob or blobs in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blobs.|
A blob is a shapeless mass. It may also refer to:
- Blob (visual system), sections of the visual cortex where groups of color-sensitive neurons assemble
- Globster, an unidentified organic mass that washes up on the shoreline of an ocean or other body of water
- The blob (Chukchi Sea algae), a large blob of algae first spotted in the Chukchi Sea
- The Blob (Pacific Ocean), a mass of warm water spreading off the Pacific coast of North America.
- Cold blob (North Atlantic), a mass of cold water in the North Atlantic.
- Binary blob, in open source software, a non-free object file loaded into the kernel
- Blob detection, in computer vision, visual modules that detect regions in the image
- Binary large object (BLOB), in computer database systems
- A storage mechanism in the cloud computing platform Microsoft Azure
Film and television
- The Blob, 1958 American science-fiction film depicting a giant, amoeba-like alien
- The Blob (1988 film), a remake of the 1958 film
- The Blobs, an animated television series
- Blob (video game), a 1993 platform-puzzle game for the Amiga personal computer
- de Blob, a 2008 video game for the Wii system
- The Blob (Clayfighter), a playable character in the ClayFighter video games
- Blob (comics), a Marvel Comics supervillain, adversary of the X-Men
- Blobbing, an outdoor activity where a participant sits on an inflated air bag, or blob, and is launched into the air and falls into a body of water
- Blob, a British unit of mass, one twelfth of a slug (mass)
- Blobfish, deep sea fish
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Blob.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.