From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||686 ft (209 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||431188|
A post office was established under the name Holman Station in 1870, was renamed Blocher in 1888, and operated until it was discontinued in 1965.
Blocher is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2016-11-09.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Blocher, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 68. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...laid out in 1860 and named for Daniel Blocher, founder.
- "USGS detail on Blocher - Variant Citation". Retrieved 2017-01-15.
- "Scott County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved January 15, 2017.
|This Scott County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|