This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Adrian Ilarion Ciobanu
|Products||Protection against Distributed Denial of Service|
BlockDos is a Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Internet security company that provides protection services against DDoS (distributed denial of service) attacks. Its team of network engineers, security specialists, and developers work via the company's global mitigation (scrubbing) locations in Washington DC; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Seattle, WA; The Netherlands; Vancouver, BC; Montreal, Quebec; London, UK; Toronto, Ontario; Russia, Ukraine, Sweden and Malaysia. The typical clients include airlines, banks, various e-commerce providers, education, financial services such as banks and brokerages, gaming, government, and media.
BlockDos is a division of Server4Sale (secure hosting provider) that was founded in 2003 in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. In 2005, Server4Sale created a new security division named BlockDos. Initially, BlockDos was a reseller of mitigation technology to other providers. Beginning in 2008, BlockDos deployed an in-house developed technology for providing protection against DDoS. Its global team in the Middle East, Europe and North America have a combined knowledge and experience with servers, web hosting, customer support, related market research and analysis, application development, and DDoS protection.
- 2005: BlockDos was created and began reselling service provision of protection against DDoS (distributed denial of service) to other providers.
- 2008: BlockDos sold and deployed its in-house developed protection services against DDoS and participated in CeBIT Germany.
- 2009: BlockDos participated in ITCN Asia.
- 2009: BlockDos personnel Ciobanu makes available to the public, the open source geoipdns platform.
- 2010 and 2011: BlockDos participated in Gitex Riyadh and Connect IT Pakistan. BlockDos received a negative media publicity regarding the catastrophic DDoS attack on the Pakistan government in March 2011 and the follow up mitigation by BlockDos.
- 2012: BlockDos participated in Gitex Riyadh and Ideas Pakistan. BlockDos's A. J. Rana was interviewed by Black Lotus at Hosting Con 2012 event on the topic of distributed denial of service protection.
- October 17, 2012: Net Security notes BlockDos among eight DDoS protection services.
- 2013: Company participated in ITEXPO 2013, Florida, USA. BlockDos contributed to DDoS educational VoIPon podcast.
Products and services
BlockDos provides protection against DDoS threats to small to large enterprises in various sectors, including Government, Gaming and Education. The BlockDos DDoS protection services include 24/7/365 technical support with three communication modes: electronic mail, telephone and live chat. It is able to provide 100 or more GBPS mitigation capacity. Up-time guarantee is said to be 99.9%. It protects websites via DDoS mitigation centers which result in local DDoS protection. Its Geo DNS provides a way to direct users to the closest server for proper load balancing. Clean traffic is diverted. Custom filtering service is available. SSL is supported. Email protection is also offered. Features include deep packet inspection, adaptive filtering, flexible content filtering, application level filtering, and rate limiting.
An example of BlockDos DDoS protection process is explained in a case study with financial services company Solid Trust Pay in early 2013. The online editor of Access Matters magazine published the study and stated, "The case study outlines the growing aggression of the attackers who set up the DDoS attacks that provoked website performance issues on Solid Trust Pay’s Internet infrastructure."
- Jimmy, Elijah. "COST EFFECTIVE PROTECTION iNTERNET THREATS". DocStoc. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- Abante, Carl (March 2, 2013). "Relationship between Firewalls and Protection against DDoS". Ecommerce Wisdom. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- Greenslade, Sharon. "Learn How Blockdos.net Cope Up With Ddos Attacks". Street Directory. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Melo, Daniel (August 12, 2012). "What You Need To Know To Prevent DDoS Attacks". Killer Startups. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- Kazakoff, Lois (March 29, 2013). "Stick a Fork in djbdns for geoipdns Enhanced Location Awareness and Speed". The Clean Tech Revolution.
- Lockett, Marck (March 29, 2013). "Pakistan Government gets DDoS – Government Official websites go black!". Global Network Security.
- "BlackLotus Interviews BlockDos". Facebook. August 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- Zorz, Mirko (August 17, 2012). "DDoS protection service: Top vendors in the field". Net Security. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- Reed, Kathleen (February 22, 2013). "VoIPon interview on Internet security threats such as DDoS or distributed denial-of-service". Voipon. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Lombard, Lisa (May 2013). "DDoS and other Malicious Attacks take advantage of Vulnerable Printers" (PDF). p. 26.
- "DDoS Technology". DDOS Expert. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- Siavash, Siavash (February 10, 2012). "How to try to stop DDoS Attacks". Cyber War Zone.
- Muir, Alex (March 4, 2013). "Case Study of DDoS Protection by BlockDos against Malicious Threat on Solid Trust Pay". Access Matters. Retrieved 4 March 2013.