This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Parent company||Capitol Music Group|
|Founder||Russell "Block" Spencer and Andrew "Gotti" Couser Jody White Jr|
|Country of origin||US|
|Official website||Block Entertainment|
Block Entertainment or Block Ent. Worldwide is a record label created by Russell "Block" Spencer and Andrew "Gotti" Couser. The label is known for creating southern group Boyz N Da Hood and releasing artist Yung Joc. In 2005 Block signed an exclusive joint venture deal with Warner Music Group's label Bad Boy Records. In November 2009, Block Entertainment signed a joint venture deal with Capitol Records. In 2011 the label released Gorilla Zoe's album King Kong, which features the first single "What's Going On".
In the spring of 2013, Yung Eaz met Atlanta producer Nitti Beatz They recorded the hit "Shut Yo Mouth". After Teaming with Russell "Block" Spencer, founder of the Block Enterprises label. Spencer signed Eaz to Capitol Records for a multi-album deal, and Capitol released Eaz's debut "Shut Yo Mouth" . Following a legal action by Capitol Records against the ReDigi.com online company in April 2013, the latter was found to be in violation of copyright law. Capitol Records claimed that ReDigi was guilty of copyright infringement due to a business model that facilitated the creation of additional copies of Capitol's digital music files, whereby users could upload the files for downloading or streaming to the new purchaser of the file. ReDigi argued that the resale of MP3/digital music files is actually permitted under certain doctrines ("fair use" and "first sale") but the court maintained that the doctrines' application "was limited to material items that the copyright owner put into the stream of commerce.
- Kris Kelli
- 48 Slim
- Courtni Renei
- Lil Flo Malcom
- Reek Maikan
- Jody Breeze
- Yung Berg
- Gorilla Zoe
- Fat Joe
- Lil Xan
- GNEXTINC.com. "Block Entertainment Inks Multi-Artist Label Deal With Sean "Diddy" Combs' Bad Boy South Record Label" Archived 2008-05-17 at the Wayback Machine
- "Kris Kelli". Block Ent Worldwide. Archived from the original on 2015-02-20. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "48 Slim". Block Ent Worldwide. Archived from the original on 2015-02-20. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "Courtni Renei". Block Ent Worldwide. Archived from the original on 2014-07-23. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "Lil Flo Malcom". Block Ent Worldwide. Archived from the original on 2014-07-22. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "Reek Maikan". Block Ent Worldwide. Archived from the original on 2014-07-22. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
Petipas, Jolene (March 21, 2006). "Diddy Shows Atlanta Love, Inks Label Deal With Block Enterprises". SOHH.com. Archived from the original on May 27, 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-23.