From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Blockbuster, blockbuster, blockbusters, or block buster in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Blockbuster may refer to:
- a blockbuster (entertainment), any very successful movie, theatrical play, etc.
- a blockbuster (entertainment), a movie genre whereby producers attempt to create "event films" with wide commercial appeal.
- a blockbuster drug, a drug generating more than $1 billion of revenue for its owner each year
- the blockbuster mentality, the pressure faced by the small number of conglomerates who run much of the movie industry to create formulaic productions with a high budget
- a block buster, a splitting maul, a type of axe
- Blockbuster (book), by Tom Shone
TV and entertainment
- Blockbuster LLC, a video and game rental chain
- Blockbusters (U.S. game show), an American game show which had two separate runs in the 1980s
- Blockbusters (UK game show), a British television game show based upon the American game show of the same name
- Blockbusters (Australian game show), an Australian children's game show
- Blockbuster, a wrestling move also known as a flying neckbreaker
- Block Buster (Microvision), a 1979 Microvision video game
- Blockbuster (DC Comics), the name of four DC Comics characters
- Blockbuster (Man-Brute), a Marvel Comics character introduced in 1970
- Blockbuster (Marauder), a Marvel Comics character introduced in 1986
- Blockbuster bomb, a series of WWII-era air dropped bombs large enough to demolish a city block
- "Operation Blockbuster", a Anglo-Canadian military operation in the Netherlands during World War II
- Blockbuster, 1994 The Sweet compilation album
- Blockbuster (album), the first studio album by Korean boy band Block B.
- "Block Buster!", a 1973 song by The Sweet
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.