From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up blocking in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Blocking may refer to:
Telecommunications and computing
- Blocking (computing), holding up a task until an event occurs
- Head-of-line blocking in some network switching fabrics
- Internet blocking, see Block (Internet)
Theatre and film
- Blocking (stage), the movement and positioning of actors on the stage (and in film, within the frame)
- Blocking (animation)
- Blocking (American football), the legal interference with another player's motion
- Blocking (martial arts), a defensive technique in martial arts
- Blocking (linguistics), where the existence of a competing form blocks the application of a morphological process
- Blocking (textile arts), the process of stretching a knitted garment into shape while wet or using steam
- Blocking (transport), the process of dividing a transit schedule into parts that can be operated by a single vehicle.
- Blocking (statistics), in the design of experiments, the arranging of experimental units in groups (blocks) which are similar to one another
- Blocking, a process to prevent unwanted binding of antibody to the membrane in the western blot technique
- Blocking (construction), horizontal boards placed between wall studs to facilitate hardware attachment
- Atmospheric blocking, large scale stationary pressure cells in meteorology
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Blocking.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.