|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
|Headquarters||Alhambra, California, United States|
|Alexa rank||16,125,052 (April 2014[update])|
|Type of site||Wiki Blog directory|
|Launched||February 24, 2008|
|Current status||inactive|
Blogged.com is a blog directory that attempts to combine social networking with people's interests in blogging. It employs a method of niche social networking whereby people can connect to each other by their interests rather than their social connections. It attempts to use a method of crowdsourcing to help evaluate the quality of various blogs. Blogged symbolizes a trend of new sites that attempt to connect people with their interests rather than social connections. This type of niche social networking has been employed successfully by sites such as Flixster, Yelp, Last.FM, and Stumbleupon. TechCrunch has recently compared Blogged.com to Yelp for blogs.
Blogged.com focuses on blog discovery and displays expert reviews and ratings on popular blogs thereby providing a basis from which to introduce new blogs to a potential reader. Traditional blog search sites such as Technorati and Google Blog Search offer users a method of searching through individual blog entries or postings, but not the blog website itself. Therefore, it is sometimes difficult to gauge the quality or importance of the search results since the credibility of the website which contains the blog entry may be in question. This method of propagating high-quality blogs via user feedback has been used by websites such as Digg. Digg allows users to vote on the importance of articles and causes those articles which are most popular to rise to the top. This method, commonly called crowdsourcing, is being used by Blogged to utilize user feedback to gauge the importance of various blogs.
As of 2/3/2016 BLOGGED.COM does not resolve to any site and returns a "Not Found" message in the upper right corner.
- "Blogged.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Schonfeld, Erick (2008-02-24). "Blogged Hopes to Become the Yelp of Blog Directories". Tech Crunch.
- "Blogged.com Last Crawled Date: July 25, 2011". Internet Archive Wayback Machine. Archived from the original on July 25, 2011. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Blogged.com Connects Bloggers With Readers; Increases Traffic and Promotes Quality Content Filtered by People," Marketwire, 2/25/2008.
- "Blogged.com launches blog directory, reviews," CNET Blogs, 2/25/2008.
- "Blogged.com. More than Just Another Blog Search Tool," Mashable, 2/25/2008.
- "Blogged.com new blog directory officially launches," Blogherald, 2/25/2008.
- "Blogged.com Public Beta Goes Live," BloggingTips, 2/25/2008.
- "Blogged.com Ranks Blogs For Consumers, Could Help Bloggers Monetize," Online Media Daily, 2/25/2008