Département de Bloléquin
Location in Ivory Coast. Bloléquin Department has retained the same boundaries since its creation in 2005.
|2005||Established as a second-level subdivision via a division of Guiglo Dept|
|2011||Converted to a third-level subdivision|
|• Prefect||Yao Dinard Kouakou|
|• Total||2,962 km2 (1,144 sq mi)|
|• Density||42/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||GMT (UTC+0)|
Bloléquin Department is a department of Cavally Region in Montagnes District, Ivory Coast. In 2014, its population was 123,336 and its seat is the settlement of Bloléquin. The sub-prefectures of the department are Bloléquin, Diboké, Doké, Tinhou, and Zéaglo.
In 2011, districts were introduced as new first-level subdivisions of Ivory Coast. At the same time, regions were reorganised and became second-level subdivisions and all departments were converted into third-level subdivisions. At this time, Bloléquin Department became part of Cavally Region in Montagnes District.
- "Préfets de Région et de Préfets de Département (Conseil des ministres du mercredi 26 septembre 2012)", abidjan.net, 2 October 2012.
- "Présentation de la Région du Cavally", cavally.org, accessed 23 February 2016.
- "Côte d'Ivoire". geohive.com. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Regions of Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)", statoids.com, accessed 16 February 2016.
- "Monographie : Bloléquin, un département d’énormes potentialités à valoriser", abidjan.net, 19 November 2014
|This Montagnes District location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|