Blood & Truth
|Blood & Truth|
|Developer(s)||SIE London Studio|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 4/ PSVR|
|Release||May 28, 2019|
Blood & Truth is a first-person shooter developed by SIE London Studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It was released on May 28, 2019 for the PlayStation 4's virtual reality headset PlayStation VR.
The game is a first-person shooter. The player assumes control of Ryan Marks, a former Special Forces soldier who must save his family from a London crime boss. Players can hide behind cover and pick up different guns to shoot enemies. To move in the game, players only need to look at a spot and press a button. The playable character will then automatically move to the spot. Players can also interact with different objects.
The game was based on the London Heist level in PlayStation VR Worlds and London Studio initially envisioned the game to be an installment in The Getaway series. London Studio described the game as a "love letter to classic cockney gangster movies" and took inspiration from other Hollywood blockbusters. The game was officially announced by publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment at Paris Games Week 2017. It was released for the virtual reality headset PlayStation VR on May 28, 2019.
|2019||The Independent Game Developers' Association Awards||Best Action and Adventure Game||Nominated|||
|Best Visual Design||Nominated|
|2019 Golden Joystick Awards||Best VR/AR Game||Nominated|||
|PlayStation Game of the Year||Nominated|
|The Game Awards 2019||Best VR/AR Game||Nominated|||
|2020||New York Game Awards||Coney Island Dreamland Award for Best AR/VR Game||Nominated|||
|23rd Annual D.I.C.E. Awards||Immersive Reality Technical Achievement||Pending|||
|Immersive Reality Game of the Year||Pending|
|NAVGTR Awards||Direction in Virtual Reality||Pending|||
|Game Developers Choice Awards||Best VR/AR Game||Pending|||
- Bankhurst, Adam (March 25, 2019). "Blood & Truth Release Date Revealed". IGN. Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- Takahashi, Dean (April 2, 2019). "Blood & Truth hands-on — A VR shooting gallery on rails". VentureBeat. Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- McCarthy, Cate (April 2, 2019). "Blood and Truth Shows How Far VR Has Come, But Maybe Not in the Way You Might Think". USgamer. Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- McWhertor, Michael (October 30, 2017). "Blood and Truth is an explosive action game for PlayStation VR". Polygon. Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- Minotti, Mike (October 30, 2017). "Blood & Truth is a Bond-style spy action game for PlayStation VR". VentureBeat. Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- Wales, Matt (March 25, 2019). "Cockney PSVR crime shooter Blood & Truth gets a release date". Eurogamer. Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- "Blood & Truth for PlayStation 4 review". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved May 28, 2019.
- Dayus, Oscar (June 3, 2019). "Top 10 UK Games Chart: Blood & Truth Becomes First Ever VR No.1". GameSpot. Retrieved June 3, 2019.
- "2019 Winners". The Independent Game Developers' Association. November 7, 2019. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- Tailby, Stephen (September 20, 2019). "Days Gone Rides Off with Three Nominations in This Year's Golden Joystick Awards". Push Square. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- Winslow, Jeremy (November 19, 2019). "The Game Awards 2019 Nominees Full List". GameSpot. Retrieved November 20, 2019.
- Sheehan, Gavin (January 2, 2020). "The New York Game Awards Announces 2020 Nominees". Bleeding Cool. Retrieved January 4, 2020.
- Chalk, Andy (January 13, 2020). "Control and Death Stranding get 8 nominations each for the 2020 DICE Awards". PC Gamer. Retrieved January 20, 2020.
- "2019 Nominees". National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers. January 13, 2020. Retrieved January 20, 2020.
- Shanley, Patrick (January 8, 2020). "'Death Stranding' Leads Game Developers Choice Awards Nominees". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 9, 2020.