The Blood List is a survey of unproduced thriller and horror scripts voted upon by industry professionals. It is similar to the Black List and was created in 2009 by Kailey Marsh. Steve Barton of Dread Central has called it "one of the most vital and necessary horror resources you'll ever need to break into the business".
In 2013, they began offering a script-rating service. The ten highest-rated scripts are forwarded to judges for possible inclusion in the Blood List. The next year, they partnered with Stage 32 for a contest open to new writers who do not yet have representation.
|2009||The Voices||Michael R. Perry|||
|2010||Dark Continent||David Portlock|||
|2011||Maggie||John Scot III|||
|2012||The Disciple Program||Tyler Marceca|||
|2013||Ink and Bone||Zak Olkewicz|||
|2014||Bird Box||Eric Heisserer|||
|2016||Orb||Steve Desmond and Michael Sherman|||
|2017||Soul Mates||Chris LaMont and Joe Russo|||
|2018||Cobweb||Chris Thomas Devlin|||
- Collis, Clark (2015-10-28). "Blood List Part VII names the year's best unproduced horror and thriller film scripts". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- Barton, Steve (2014-10-14). "The Blood List Website Relaunches! New Horrors Abound!". Dread Central. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- Barton, Steve (2013-07-30). "The Blood List 2013 Looking for New Sacrifices". Dread Central. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- Dickson, Evan (2014-05-21). "Got a Horror Screenplay? Draw Some 'New Blood'!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "2009 BLOOD LIST". The Blood List. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "2010 BLOOD LIST". The Blood List. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- Sneider, Jeff (2011-10-31). "'Maggie' tops 2011 Blood List". Variety. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- Sneider, Jeff (2012-10-31). "'Disciple Program' tops 2012 Blood List". Variety. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- Barton, Steve (2013-10-31). "Winners of the 2013 Blood List Announced!". Dread Central. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- Rahman, Abid (2014-10-31). "'Bird Box' Claws its Way to the Top of the 2014 Blood List". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- Gajewski, Ryan (2015-10-28). "'Eli' Leads 2015 BloodList as Top Dark-Genre Script". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
|This filmmaking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|