Blood Music (Chapterhouse album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||6 September 1993|
|Genre||Dub, downtempo, shoegazing|
|Producer||Ralph Jezzard, Pascal Gabriel, Simon Postford, Paul Rabinger|
Blood Music is the second and last studio album by British shoegazing band Chapterhouse. Early copies of this album, as well as North American and Japanese editions, include the bonus remix CD Pentamerous Metamorphosis by Global Communication. Cherry Red re-issued the album in 2008, prefaced by songs from the "Mesmerise" and "We Are The Beautiful" CD singles.
The album has a more pronounced electronic sound than its predecessor. Many producers contributed to the album.
Ira Robbins, in Trouser Press, wrote: "Another tuneful delight in a different kitchen, Blood Music hustles and bustles, putting emphatic rhythms into songs that could have been cut from the first album’s sparkling pop cloth."
- "Don't Look Now" (Andrew Sherriff)
- "There's Still Life" (Simon Rowe)
- "We Are the Beautiful" (Stephen Patman)
- "Summer's Gone" (Rowe, Sherriff)
- "Everytime" (Sherriff)
- "Deli" (Ashley Bates, Simon Rowe)
- "On the Way to Fly" (Patman)
- "She's a Vision" (Patman)
- "Greater Power" (Patman)
- "Confusion Trip" (Patman)
- "Love Forever" (Rowe, Sherriff)
- "Picnic" (found only on vinyl and Japanese edition)
The US Limited Edition includes a bonus disc containing two remixes of We Are The Beautiful, Frost and Picnic.
- AllMusic Review by Ned Raggett. "Blood Music - Chapterhouse | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2020-06-05. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Blood Music - Record Collector Magazine". recordcollectormag.com.
- "Chapterhouse play for first time in a decade | NME". July 22, 2008.
- "Shoegaze Legends Chapterhouse Tour and Talk to PopMatters". PopMatters. September 29, 2010.