Blood Red Throne
|Blood Red Throne|
|Members||Yngve Bolt Christiansen
Ivan "MeathooK" Gujic
Daniel "Død" Olaisen
Ole Bent Madsen
|Past members||Osvald "Vald" Egeland
Terje "Tchort" Vik Schei
Flemming "Mr. Hustler" Gluch
Bernt A. Moen
Blood Red Throne is a death metal band from Kristiansand, Norway. They released their fourth full-length album, Come Death, on 27 August 2007. The band features guitarist Tchort, primarily of Emperor fame, and Død (Daniel Olaisen), guitarist of the progressive metal band Scariot.
Blood Red Throne started in 1998 when Død and Tchort (while playing in Satyricon at that time), decided to form their own band and show their passion for death metal. Tchort had been playing death metal since 1989 with his band Green Carnation, which was one of the first death metal bands in Norway, and Død had been a huge fan and of the genre since 1992 . Tchort was also the bass player in Emperor in the early 1990s and has been involved with bands like Carpathian Forest and Einherjer. The band soon got in touch with a very skilled drummer living in their hometown by the name of Freddy Bolsø, and BRT was born and soon after bassist Erlend Caspersen joined the newly formed Blood Red Throne. The band recorded a demo, entitled Deathmix 2000 with Ronni Thorsen from Trail of Tears providing the vocals. This demo got excellent feedback and BRT got offers from labels right away. Finally having recruited long-time friend Mr. Hustler as the permanent frontman, the same line-up recorded the debut Monument of Death and released it through Hammerheart Records in 2001. The limited edition included a package called 'The Suicide Kit', which not only contained the actual album, but also a printed razor blade and a poster. The kits were hand numbered in the band member’s own blood. BRT never did any live shows with this line up, Freddy Bolsø moved back to his hometown and BRT had to find a new drummer.
Espen “Beist” Antonsen The Sickening joined and the band recorded Affiliated With The Suffering in 2002 and this was their last album through Hammerheart Records. The band did two European tours and the Inferno Fest with this lineup and Beist left as they were about to record their first album for Earache Records. With the help from Bernt Moen, BRT managed to record their darkest and most intense album yet, Altered Genesis. Altered Genesis was released in 2005 and after this release, Mr. Hustler had to leave the band due to work commitments and Vald was handed the microphone. To make things easier, BRT also had to find a permanent and local drummer, and this led to Anders Haave. He joined the band in 2006 and BRT went on a new European tour several live shows until going into the studio to record their fourth album, (Come Death), for Earache Records.
Blood Red Throne have finished recording their fifth studio album, due for release June 2, 2009 in Europe, June 30, 2009 in US, through Earache Records. The CD will include a DVD release in a limited version to celebrate the bands 10-year career. Blood Red Throne has asked their fans for their inputs and help during this process. The title to the follow-up of Come Death has been confirmed to be Souls of Damnation.
Blood Red Throne was confirmed February 7, 2009, to play at the Infernofestival in Oslo which took place April 8–11, 2009. It was set to take place on the stage called BLÅ, where they played with bands like Terrordrome. The album, Souls of Damnation, was released on June 2, 2009 in Europe and is set to be released June 30, 2009 in the US.
On April 23, 2010, Blood Red Throne announced via a MySpace blog post that guitarist Tchort was leaving due to "work and family commitments" and was being replaced by Ivan "MeathooK" Gujic of Neongod for the remainder of their tours and gigs this year. A short time later, it was announced in another post that 19-year-old Emil Wiksten would be taking over the position of drummer.
The band has toured with Dimmu Borgir, Enslaved and Dawn of Ashes in November–December 2010. They will tour with Grave, Pathology and Gigan in August - September 2011. They are currently recording their latest album entitled Brutalitarian Regime which is due to be released on 28 August 2011.[needs update]
- Yngve "Bolt" Christiansen - vocals (2011-2015, 2015-present)
- Ole Bent Madsen - bass (2011-present)
- Ivan Gujic - guitar (2010-present)
- Død - guitar (1998-present)
- Freddy Bolsø - drums (1998-2002, 2015-present)
- Tchort - guitar (1998-2010)
- Ronny Thorsen - vocals (2000)
- Flemming Gluch - vocals (2001-2005)
- Vald - vocals (2005-2011)
- Martin Berger - vocals (2015)
- Erlend Caspersen - bass (1998-2011)
- Espen Antonsen - drums (2002-2004)
- Anders Kobro - drums (2005-2007)
- Anders Haave - drums (2007-2010)
- Emil Wiksten - drums (2010-2013)
- Monument of Death (2001)
- A Taste for Blood (EP) (2002)
- A Taste for Butchery (Split album with Severe Torture) (2003)
- Affiliated with the Suffering (2003)
- Altered Genesis (2005)
- Come Death (2007)
- Souls of Damnation (2009)
- Brutalitarian Regime (2011)
- Blood Red Throne (2013)
- Union of Flesh and Machine (2016)
- "Blood Red Throne: New Album Title, Release Date Announced - Blabbermouth.net". Roadrunnerrecords.com. 2009-03-11. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- at 2013-02-14. "Inferno 2014 - April 16-19th 2014". Infernofestival.net. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- "Myspace". Blogs.myspace.com. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- "Myspace". Blogs.myspace.com. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- "Grave To Tour U.S. With Blood Red Throne, Pathology - Blabbermouth.net". Roadrunnerrecords.com. 2011-03-12. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- BLOOD RED THRONE: New Album Title, Release Date Announced - Mar. 11, 2009
- Blood Red Throne - Blood Red Throne