|Studio album by Mortification|
|Studio||Saint Andrew's Studios, Melbourne, Australia|
|Genre||Thrash metal, groove metal|
|Label||Nuclear Blast, Intense|
|Producer||Marc McGormack, Mortification|
The album focuses more on thrash metal, with hardcore punk, groove metal, and classic metal influences, and contains less death metal influences than past albums. Instead of the Steve Rowe's growls, the album mainly contains his shouting style singing, but the growls do make occasional appearances.
According to Australian Music Online, "the strange combination of extreme styles began setting Mortification apart from the crowd of same sounding bands and widened the band's audience as they became quickly recognised as innovators and not imitators." Blood World received rave reviews in America and Europe. Horror Infernal Magazine gave the album 13 out of 13 points.
All songs written by Mortification
- "Clan of the Light" - 4:20
- "Blood World" - 4:13
- "Starlight" - 4:50
- "Your Life" - 4:15
- "Monks of the High Lord" - 6:16
- "Symbiosis" - 7:11
- "Love Song" - 4:03
- "Live by the Sword" - 3:24
- "J.G.S.H." - 0:30
- "Dark Allusions" - 5:45
- "Symbiosis" was originally recorded on the band's prior live release, Live Planetarium.
- Steve Rowe - bass guitar, vocals
- Michael Carlisle - guitar
- Phil Gibson - drums
- Marc McGormack - producer
- Mortification - producer
- Russell, George (1 February 1997). "Mortification: A matter of life and death". Cross Rhythms Magazine #37. Cross Rhythms Radio. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- Ryhänen, Pekka Mortification review. Imperiumi.net
- Mortification Biography Archived 10 August 2008 at the Wayback Machine., Australian Music Online. Amo.org.au