Blood of Angels
|Blood of Angels|
|Studio album by Michelle Belanger & Nox Arcana|
|Released||October 13, 2006|
|Genre||Gothic, Dark ambient, Neoclassical dark wave|
|Michelle Belanger & Nox Arcana chronology|
Blood of Angels is a musical collaboration by Michelle Belanger and Neoclassical dark wave musical duo Nox Arcana. It released over label Monolith Graphics on October 13, 2006. This album is also the sixth release by Nox Arcana and also their second release in 2006.
Unlike Nox Arcana's other releases, which are primarily instrumental with minimal narratives, these songs feature both lyrical and musical content on every track. Joseph Vargo and William Piotrowski wrote and performed the music. Michelle Belanger wrote and performed the lyrics, which draw upon ancient Enochian myths to tell a story about mythical Watcher Angels, who "abandoned Heaven for a taste of mortal love."  According to the Enochian legend, the Watchers (also called Grigori or "Fallen Angels") are celestial beings who were condemned to the earthly realm after uniting with mortals and sharing with them their mystical secrets. The theme of this album was the topic of the "Blood of Angels" discussion panel at Dragoncon in 2009.
The title track features a chant consisting of several angelic and demonic names from Christian mythology, as well as names from Jewish mythology and The Book of Enoch: Azazel, Sariel, Koshbiel, and Shamsiel, Ananel, Sethiel, Raziel, and Zaquiel.
- "Ligeia's Lament" – 3:32
- "Children of Heaven" – 5:27
- "Bitter Ashes" – 3:48
- "Ella Sheena" – 4:46
- "Angels Are Weeping" – 6:07
- "Widow's Walk" – 3:10
- "Forlorn" – 4:08
- "Blood of Angels" – 3:49
- "Children of Heaven (Club Mix)" – 5:43
- Music Extreme review
- Flames Rising music review
- Side-line music review
- "Joseph Vargo's official website". Retrieved 2009-05-31.
- "Flames Rising interview with Joseph Vargo". Retrieved 2009-05-31.
- "Interview with Nox Arcana". Music Street Journal. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- Blood of Angels liner notes.
- Devon, King (October 2006). "Michelle Belanger" (PDF). Dark Realms Magazine (24). pp. 32–33. Retrieved 2009-05-15.[dead link]
- "Michelle Belanger guest speaker at Dragoncon". Archived from the original on 2008-03-29. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- "Michelle Belanger describing Ecochian myth and Watchers for the Dragoncon "Blood of Angels" panel.". Retrieved 2009-05-13.