|Directed by||David S. F. Wilson|
|Music by||Steve Jablonsky|
|Edited by||Jim May|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
Bloodshot is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Valiant Comics character of the same name. The film is directed by David S. F. Wilson (in his feature directorial debut) and written by Jeff Wadlow and Eric Heisserer. It stars Vin Diesel, Eiza González, Sam Heughan, Toby Kebbell, and Guy Pearce.
Bloodshot is scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on February 21, 2020, by Sony Pictures Releasing.
After he and his wife are murdered, Marine Ray Garrison (Vin Diesel) is resurrected by a secret team of scientists. Enhanced with nanotechnology, he becomes a superhuman, biotech killing machine – Bloodshot. As Ray first trains with fellow super-soldiers, he cannot recall anything from his former life. But when his memories flood back and he remembers the man that killed both him and his wife, he breaks out of the facility hellbent on revenge, only to discover that there’s more to the conspiracy than he originally thought.
- Vin Diesel as Ray Garrison / Bloodshot
- Eiza González
- Sam Heughan as Cpl. Harlan "So Long" Shifflet
- Toby Kebbell as Axe
- Guy Pearce as Dr. Emil Harting
- Lamorne Morris as Wilfred Wigans
- Talulah Riley as Gina DeCarlo
- Alex Hernandez as Tibbs
- Jóhannes Haukur Jóhannesson as Nick Baris
In March 2012, it was announced that Columbia Pictures had acquired the film rights to the Valiant Comics character Bloodshot, which would be produced by Original Film and Valiant Entertainment. Jeff Wadlow was hired to write the screenplay. In April 2015, Sony Pictures, Original Film and Valiant announced a five-picture deal to bring Valiant Comics' superheroes to the big screen, including Bloodshot. Chad Stahelski and David Leitch were hired to direct the film, from a screenplay by Wadlow and Eric Heisserer. Stahelski and Leitch eventually passed on the project. In March 2017, Dave Wilson was announced as the director of the film. Screenwriter Adam Cozad later contributed to the script.
In July 2017, it was reported that Jared Leto was in early negotiations to star in the film as Bloodshot, but in March 2018, it was announced that Vin Diesel would portray the main character. By May, additional cast members were announced, with Sam Heughan, Michael Sheen, and Eiza González. In June of the same year, Talulah Riley and Alex Hernandez were cast in the film to play the titular characters' wife named Gina, and member of a scientist team named Tibbs, respectively. Later, Toby Kebbell and Johannes Haukur Johannesson were both cast in villainous roles, with the former playing Axe. In August 2018, Lamorne Morris was hired to play a young scientist named Wilfred Wigans. In the same month, it was reported that Guy Pearce was in talks to replace Sheen, who had to exit the movie due to scheduling and family conflicts.
Principal photography began on August 6, 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa, and in Prague, Czech Republic, with some filming taking place in Budapest, Hungary in that same month. Filming officially wrapped on October 25, 2018.
The first trailer for Bloodshot was released on October 21, 2019.
Intended to launch a new shared cinematic universe of superheroes, Bloodshot was announced to be followed by a sequel, two movies based on the comic book series Harbinger, and culminate with a crossover film titled Harbinger Wars. Initially, Sony was scheduled to develop the Harbinger film, while Bloodshot would follow. In June 2018, it was announced that a movie centered around the character Faith Herbert was also in development.
- "Vin Diesel's 'Bloodshot' Synopsis Revealed". the geeks worldwide. March 15, 2019.
- Cunningham, Todd (March 1, 2012). "Columbia Bags Rights to Bloodshot, the Valiant Comics Character". TheWrap. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- McMillan, Graeme (April 21, 2015). "'Bloodshot,' 'Harbinger' Comics to Get Film Treatment From Sony, Valiant Entertainment (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Johnston, Rich (March 5, 2017). "Dave Wilson Is The Director Of The Bloodshot Movie For Sony And Valiant Entertainment (UPDATE – Examples Of Previous Work)". Bleeding Cool. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Kit, Borys (March 15, 2017). "'Suicide Squad 2' Lands 'Legend of Tarzan' Writer (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- Busch, Anita (July 25, 2017). "Jared Leto In Talks For 'Bloodshot' At Sony". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Jr, Mike Fleming; Hipes, Patrick (March 8, 2018). "Vin Diesel Back In Action With Sony's 'Bloodshot', Valiant Comic Adaptation With Dave Wilson Directing". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 9, 2018.
- Jr, Mike Fleming (May 23, 2018). "'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 24, 2018.
- Gonzalez, Umberto (June 13, 2018). "Talulah Riley and Alex Hernandez in Talks to Join Vin Diesel in 'Bloodshot'". TheWrap. Retrieved June 14, 2018.
- Gonzalez, Umberto (June 26, 2018). "Toby Kebbell Joins Cast of Vin Diesel's 'Bloodshot' (Exclusive)". TheWrap. Retrieved June 27, 2018.
- Gonzalez, Umberto (June 29, 2018). "'Game of Thrones' Actor Joins Vin Diesel's 'Bloodshot' (Exclusive)". TheWrap. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (August 2, 2018). "Lamorne Morris Loads Up Sony's Vin Diesel Movie 'Bloodshot'". Deadline. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- N'Duka, Amanda (August 7, 2018). "Guy Pearce In Talks To Take Over Michael Sheen's Role In Sony's 'Bloodshot' Movie". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 7, 2018.
- Marc, Christopher (July 6, 2018). "Vin Diesel's 'Bloodshot' Begins Filming August 6th In Europe and South Africa – GWW". GWW. Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- Marc, Christopher (April 12, 2018). "UPDATE: 'Bloodshot' Movie Now Eyeing Summer Shoot In Prague – Omega Underground". omegaunderground.com. Retrieved April 12, 2018.[permanent dead link]
- Mueller, Matthew (October 26, 2018). "Vin Diesel Shares New Video To Celebrate Wrapping 'Bloodshot'". Comicbook.com. Retrieved October 28, 2018.
- Davies, Megan (October 20, 2019). "First trailer for Vin Diesel's comic book movie Bloodshot is coming tomorrow". Digital Spy. Retrieved October 20, 2019.
- Perry, Spencer (July 18, 2018). "Sony Sets Release Dates for Bloodshot, Little Women, and More". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved July 19, 2018.
- Gonzalez, Umberto (September 26, 2016). "Sony Moves Up Plans for 'Harbinger' as 1st Movie in Valiant Comics Cinematic Universe (Exclusive)". TheWrap. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (June 28, 2018). "Hollywood's First Plus-Size Superhero? Sony Sets Maria Melnik To Script Pic On Valiant Comics' 'Faith'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 19, 2019.
- Kit, Borys (September 12, 2019). "Paramount Picks Up Comic Book Movie 'Harbinger' From Sony (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 12, 2019.