|Directed by||Dave Wilson|
|Music by||Steve Jablonsky|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
Bloodshot is an upcoming American superhero film directed by Dave Wilson and written by Eric Heisserer. It is based on the Valiant Comics superhero of same name and is intended to be the first film in the Valiant Cinematic Universe (VCU). The film stars Vin Diesel, Sam Heughan, Guy Pearce, Eiza González, and Toby Kebbell. It will be released on February 21, 2020 by Sony Pictures Releasing.
- Vin Diesel as Raymond "Ray" Garrison / Bloodshot
- Sam Heughan as Corporal Harlan "So Long" Shifflet
- Guy Pearce as Dr. Emil Harting
- Eiza González
- Talulah Riley as Gina DeCarlo
- Alex Hernandez as Tibbs
- Toby Kebbell as Axe
- Lamorne Morris as Wilfred Wigans
- Jóhannes Haukur Jóhannesson as Nick Baris
In March 2012, it was announced that Columbia Pictures had acquired the film rights to the Valiant Comics' Bloodshot, which would be produced by Neal H. Moritz through Original Film, Jason Kothari through Valiant Entertainment, Dan Mintz and Dinesh Shamdasani. Jeff Wadlow was hired to write the screenplay. By April 2015, Valiant, Sony Pictures and Original Film announced a five-picture deal to bring Valiant Comics' superheroes to the big screen. The first two films were intended to be individual Bloodshot movies, the next two adaptations of Harbinger, and the last one would the crossover between the two titled Harbinger Wars. Tony Jaffe joined the project as a producer, with Eric Heisserer signing on to co-write the script. David Leitch and Chad Stahelski were originally hired to direct the film. In September 2016, Sony reported that the studio was first developing the Harbinger adaptation, while Bloodshot would follow. Later after Leitch and Stahelski passed on the project in March 2017, Dave Wilson was named as the official director Bloodshot. In July of the same year, Deadline reported that Jared Leto was in early negotiations to portray the villain character for the film.
In March 2018, it was reported that Vin Diesel would star in the film. By May, additional cast members were announced, with Sam Heughan, Michael Sheen, and Eiza González. In June of the same year, Talulah Riley and Alex Hernandez were cast in the film to play the titular characters' wife named Gina, and member of a scientist team named Tibbs, respectively. Later, Toby Kebbell and Johannes Haukur Johannesson were both cast in villainous roles, with the former playing Axe, respectively. In August 2018, Lamorne Morris was hired to play a young scientist named Wilfred Wigans.
Principal photography began on August 6, 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa, and in Prague, Czech Republic, with some filming taking place in Budapest, Hungary in that same month. Filming officially wrapped on October 25, 2018.
- Cunningham, Todd (March 1, 2012). "Columbia Bags Rights to Bloodshot, the Valiant Comics Character". TheWrap. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- McMillan, Graeme (April 21, 2015). "'Bloodshot,' 'Harbinger' Comics to Get Film Treatment From Sony, Valiant Entertainment (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Gonzalez, Umberto (September 26, 2016). "Sony Moves Up Plans for 'Harbinger' as 1st Movie in Valiant Comics Cinematic Universe (Exclusive)". TheWrap. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Johnston, Rich (March 5, 2017). "Dave Wilson Is The Director Of The Bloodshot Movie For Sony And Valiant Entertainment (UPDATE - Examples Of Previous Work)". Bleeding Cool. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Busch, Anita (July 25, 2017). "Jared Leto In Talks For 'Bloodshot' At Sony". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Jr, Mike Fleming; Hipes, Patrick (March 8, 2018). "Vin Diesel Back In Action With Sony's 'Bloodshot', Valiant Comic Adaptation With Dave Wilson Directing". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 9, 2018.
- Jr, Mike Fleming (May 23, 2018). "'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 24, 2018.
- Gonzalez, Umberto (June 13, 2018). "Talulah Riley and Alex Hernandez in Talks to Join Vin Diesel in 'Bloodshot'". TheWrap. Retrieved June 14, 2018.
- Gonzalez, Umberto (June 26, 2018). "Toby Kebbell Joins Cast of Vin Diesel's 'Bloodshot' (Exclusive)". TheWrap. Retrieved June 27, 2018.
- Gonzalez, Umberto (June 29, 2018). "'Game of Thrones' Actor Joins Vin Diesel's 'Bloodshot' (Exclusive)". TheWrap. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (August 2, 2018). "Lamorne Morris Loads Up Sony's Vin Diesel Movie 'Bloodshot'". Deadline. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- Marc, Christopher (July 6, 2018). "Vin Diesel's 'Bloodshot' Begins Filming August 6th In Europe and South Africa - GWW". GWW. Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- Marc, Christopher (April 12, 2018). "UPDATE: 'Bloodshot' Movie Now Eyeing Summer Shoot In Prague - Omega Underground". omegaunderground.com. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- Mueller, Matthew (October 26, 2018). "Vin Diesel Shares New Video To Celebrate Wrapping 'Bloodshot'". Comicbook.com. Retrieved October 28, 2018.
- Perry, Spencer (July 18, 2018). "Sony Sets Release Dates for Bloodshot, Little Women, and More". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved July 19, 2018.