Fictional character biographies
|First appearance||Superman vol. 2, #4 (April 1987)|
|Created by||John Byrne|
|Alter ego||Robert DuBois Alan Trent|
|Team affiliations||(Trent) Aryan Brotherhood|
|Abilities||Access to high tech weaponry in a warehouse by using a teleportation device.|
First appearing in Superman Vol. 2 #4 (April 1987). An African-American man named Robert DuBois has a mental breakdown and becomes obsessed with the Vietnam War after learning that his brother, Michael aka "Micky", had gone to fight in his place and became a quadruple amputee.
DuBois adopts the name Bloodsport, rampaging through Metropolis, and injures Superman with the kryptonite bullets before collapsing when confronted by his brother.
Bloodsport was killed during a fight with Alex Trent, the second Bloodsport.
First appearing in The Adventures of Superman #506, Alex Trent is a fanatical racist, a member of the white supremacist group that Perry White and Franklin Stern encountered when they were younger. He adopts the name Bloodsport, ironically used previously by an African American. He also has a similar teleporter grafted into his body, which he can likewise use to summon weapons. He is captured by Superman after Ron Troupe destroys the warehouse from which he was teleporting his weapons.
Some time later, in an effort to provide an outlet for rising tensions at Stryker's Island Prison, a boxing match between the two Bloodsports is organized. Trent is able to activate his teleporter and bring in weaponry. In the resulting confusion, DuBois is killed while trying to escape. Trent is later burned in his prison cell by the Brotherhood for showing weakness in front of DuBois.
The teleporter technology has since been used by the anti-corporate vigilante Demolitia.
In other media
- The Robert DuBois version of Bloodsport appears in the Justice League Unlimited episode "The Cat and the Canary". Bloodsport appears at Roulette's Meta-Brawl fighting Electrocutioner. He later appears as a member of the Secret Society, but is killed off-screen during JLU's series finale.
- Robert DuBois/Bloodsport played by David St. Louis appears in the third season of Supergirl in the episode "Girl of Steel" as a mercenary hired by Morgan Edge to bomb the unveiling of the Girl of Steel statue. Prior to him becoming a mercenary and terrorist; Robert was part of the military, making his former military status easier for him to steal weaponry. He steals a Daxamite ship from General Sam Lane. Morgan Edge wants to get a space at the coast of National City, so he hires Robert to destroy the area so he can build over there. In the rising of the Statue, he shoots some missiles underwater in the invisible submarine. Kara discovers the attack was underwater and goes after the submarine, which negates the invisibility. Robert fires at her, but she manages to wake up and rise the submarine.
- Byrne, John (w), Byrne, John (p), Kesel, Karl (i). "Bloodsport!" Superman v2, 4: 22 (April, 1987), DC Comics
- Byrne, John (w), Byrne, John (p), Kesel, Karl (i). "Bloodsport!" Superman v2, 4: 13 (April, 1987), DC Comics
- Wallace, Dan (2008). "Bloodsport". In Dougall, Alastair. The DC Comics Encyclopedia. London: Dorling Kindersley. p. 56. ISBN 0-7566-4119-5.
- JLA: Salvation Run #3