Fictional character biographies
|First appearance||Superman vol. 2, #4 (April 1987)|
|Created by||John Bryne
|Alter ego||Robert DuBois|
|Team affiliations||Aryan Brotherhood|
|Abilities||Access to high tech weaponry in a warehouse by using a teleportation device.|
First appearing in Superman Vol. 2 #4 (April 1987). An African-American man named Robert DuBois has a mental breakdown and becomes obsessed with the Vietnam War, after learning that his brother, Michael aka "Micky" had gone to fight in his place and became a quadruple amputee.
DuBois adopts the name Bloodsport, rampaging through Metropolis, and injures Superman with the kryptonite bullets before collapsing when confronted by his brother.
Bloodsport appears in JLA/Avengers as a villain who ambushes Vision and Aquaman with a group of other villains. He fights Iron Man and is restrained by Green Lantern. Bloodsport was killed during a fight with Alex Trent, the secon Bloodsport.
First appearing in The Adventures of Superman #506, Alex Trent is a fanatical racist, a member of the Aryan Brotherhood, a white supremacist group that Perry White and Franklin Stern encountered when they were younger. He adopts the name Bloodsport, ironically used previously by an African American. He also has a similar teleporter grafted into his body, which he can likewise use to summon weapons. He is captured by Superman after Ron Troupe destroys the warehouse from which he was teleporting his weapons.
Some time later, in an effort to provide an outlet for rising tensions at Stryker's Island Prison, a boxing match between the two Bloodsports is organized. Trent is able to activate his teleporter, and bring in weaponry. In the resulting confusion, DuBois is killed while trying to escape. Trent is later burned in his prison cell by the Brotherhood for showing weakness in front of DuBois.
The teleporter technology has since been used by the anti-corporate vigilante Demolitia.
In other media
- The Robert DuBois version of Bloodsport appears in the Justice League Unlimited episode "The Cat and the Canary." Bloodsport appears at Roulette's Meta-Brawl fighting Electrocutioner. He later appears as a member of the Secret Society, but is killed off-screen during JLU's series finale.
- Byrne, John (w), Byrne, John (p), Kesel, Karl (i). "Bloodsport!" Superman v2, 4: 22 (April, 1987), DC Comics
- Byrne, John (w), Byrne, John (p), Kesel, Karl (i). "Bloodsport!" Superman v2, 4: 13 (April, 1987), DC Comics
- Wallace, Dan (2008). "Bloodsport". In Dougall, Alastair. The DC Comics Encyclopedia. London: Dorling Kindersley. p. 56. ISBN 0-7566-4119-5.
- JLA: Salvation Run #3
- "World's Finest Online - Justice League Unlimited: Bloodsport". Retrieved 2008-09-26.