Bloom Township, Morgan County, Ohio
|Bloom Township, Morgan County, Ohio|
Location of Bloom Township in Morgan County
|• Total||25.6 sq mi (66.3 km2)|
|• Land||25.2 sq mi (65.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.2 km2)|
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|• Density||40.3/sq mi (15.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086683|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Blue Rock Township, Muskingum County - north
- Meigs Township, Muskingum County - northeast corner
- Bristol Township - east
- Morgan Township - south
- Malta Township - southwest, east of Deerfield Township
- Deerfield Township - southwest, west of Malta Township
- York Township - west
- Harrison Township, Muskingum County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Bloom Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
As of 2007, the trustees are Michael Gibeaut, Stanley Hopkins, and Carl Work, and the clerk is Trudy Massey.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Morgan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Bloom Township Officials, Morgan County. Accessed 2007-07-02.