Bloomfield Hills School District
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Bloomfield Hills School District, Bloomfield Twp., Michigan|
|7273 Wing Lake Road|
Bloomfield Twp, MI 48301
|Asst. Superintendent(s)||Christine Barnett (Human Resources & Labor Relations)|
Christina M. Kostiuk (Business Services)
Laurie McCarty (Learning Services)
|NCES District ID||2606090|
|Students and staff|
Bloomfield Hills School District (BHSD) is a school district in the Greater Detroit area of the U.S. state of Michigan, with its headquarters in Bloomfield Township in Oakland County. In addition to portions of Bloomfield Township the district also serves most of the city of Bloomfield Hills and portions of West Bloomfield Township. It was founded in the 1950s. BHSD has ranked among the best school systems in Michigan multiple times.
Around 2005 the district had a $3 million surplus. It had plans to increase enrollment by allowing out of district students to attend the district schools, so it would get increased state funding due to higher enrollment. In a two-year period ending in 2009, the district lost over 250 students and therefore about $3 million in state funding. Because of the decreased revenues, the district planned to close two schools. In a school funding system enacted in 1994, Michigan school funding entirely originates from the state, so despite the fact that Bloomfield Hills has a property rich tax base, the decrease in enrollment forced the district into an operating loss.
- Wing Lake Developmental Center
- Bloomfield Hills High School
- Bowers Academy
- Model High School
- International Academy
- Bloomfield Hills Middle School
- West Hills Middle School
- East Hills Middle
- Pine Lake Elementary
- Way Elementary
- Bloomin' Preschools at Conant, Fox Hills, Lone Pine and Pine Lake
- Eastover Elementary
- Conant Elementary
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Bloomfield Hills School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Bloomfield Township Street Map." (Archive) Bloomfield Township, Oakland County. Retrieved on July 30, 2013.
- "Home." Bloomfield Hills School District. Retrieved on July 29, 2013. "7273 Wing Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301"
- "SchoolSite Locator." Bloomfield Hills School District. Retrieved on June 29, 2015. See static image (Archive)
- Linebaugh, Kate. "Detroit's Pain Begins to Spread Into Wealthy Suburbs and Schools." The Wall Street Journal. March 17, 2009. Retrieved on July 29, 2013.
|This Michigan school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|