Bloomfield Township, Logan County, Ohio
|Bloomfield Township, Logan County, Ohio|
Bloomfield Township consists generally of flat farmland with scattered copses of trees
Location of Bloomfield Township in Ohio
Location of Bloomfield Township in Logan County
|• Total||22.9 sq mi (59.3 km2)|
|• Land||22.9 sq mi (59.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,004 ft (306 m)|
|• Density||18.3/sq mi (7.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086481|
Bloomfield Township is one of the seventeen townships of Logan County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 419 people in the township, making Bloomfield the smallest township in Logan County in population.
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Stokes Township - north
- Washington Township - east
- Pleasant Township - south
- Salem Township, Shelby County - southwest
- Jackson Township, Shelby County - west
No municipalities are located within Bloomfield Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
In the elections of November 2007, Franklin Faulder defeated two other candidates in the election for the position of township trustee, while Laura Magoto was elected without opposition in the election for the position of township fiscal officer.
State Route 274 passes through the northern part of Bloomfield Township.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- History of Logan County and Ohio: Containing a History of the State of Ohio, from Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. O.L. Baskin. 1880. p. 244.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township trustee results", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township fiscal officer", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.