Blooming Grove Independent School District
|Blooming Grove Independent School District|
Blooming Grove, Texas|
ESC Region 12 
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Jack Lee |
|Schools||4 (2009-10) |
|Students and staff|
|Students||836 (2010-11) |
|Teachers||64.08 (2009-10)  (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||12.98 (2009-10) |
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 3A Football Division II |
|District mascot||Lions |
|Colors||Royal Blue, White,Grey|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
|Website||Blooming Grove ISD|
Blooming Grove Independent School District is a public school district based in Blooming Grove, Texas (USA). In addition to Blooming Grove, the district serves the cities of Barry and Emhouse as well as rural areas in west central Navarro County.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $123,193,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.009 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings 
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the school year 2011-2012, Blooming Grove ISD had students in four schools.
- Blooming Grove High School (Grades 9-12),
- Blooming Grove Junior High School (Grades 6-8)
- Blooming Grove Elementary School (Grades PK-5)
- Navarro County DAEP/ABC
Blooming Grove High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, and volleyball. For the 2014 through 2016 school years, Blooming Grove High School will play football in UIL Class 3A Division II.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Blooming Grove ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Blooming Grove High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.