Bloomingdale High School
|Bloomingdale Senior High School|
Discover Tomorrow Today
|1700 E. Bloomingdale Ave.
Valrico, Florida, 33596
United States of America
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Hillsborough County Public Schools|
|Number of students||2395|
|Campus size||78.87 acres (approx.)
|Color(s)||Red, White and Black
|Fight song||See below|
Lady Bulls (girls sports)
|Rival||Newsome High School,
Riverview High School,
Brandon High School
|Newspaper||The Crimson Times|
|Feeder schools||Guy O. Burns Middle School|
|School Number (for District use)||4141|
Bloomingdale High School is a public high school located in Valrico, Florida. Bloomingdale was established in 1987, three years after Gaither High School, and has its same architectural design. Bloomingdale's first graduating class graduated in 1989, since Hillborough County does not pull seniors from existing schools for new schools. The current principal is Mrs. Susan Burkett. The football stadium is named for the first principal, Charley Harris. The school colors are red and white with black trim.
Sports offered include: golf, football, soccer, baseball, softball, wrestling, basketball, volleyball, swimming, flag football, cross country, and track and field. Additionally, there are club teams for: ice hockey, lacrosse, and bowling. Boys' sports teams are called the Bloomingdale Bulls, and girls' sports teams are called the Bloomingdale Lady Bulls.
The boys' soccer team won state championships in '93, '95, and '98.
The girl's soccer team won a state title in 2001.
The cheerleading squad won state champions in 2008 and 2009.
Clubs and organizations
Bloomingdale High School currently offers three types of clubs: special interest, academic/honor, and service clubs.
Air Force JROTC program
Bloomingdale offers a JROTC program.
The AFJROTC program has consistently been one of the top programs in the southeast since its start in 1993. The program's Color Guard, Drill Team (armed and unarmed) have been top contenders in regional competition since the late 1990s.
- Erin Andrews (1996): ESPN sportscaster
- Beth Bauer: (1999) LPGA Professional golfer
- Chad Bratzke: (1989) former National Football League player (Indianapolis Colts)
- Mark Consuelos (1989): television soap opera star and husband of Live with Regis & Kelly star Kelly Ripa
- Funkghost (Alvin Augustus Harris): (1990) hip-hop artist/producer
- Matt Good (2000): guitarist/vocalist of From First To Last/Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bloomingdale High School.|
- Bloomingdale High School Website
- Hillsborough County Public Schools
- The Rajun Bull Marching Band's site