Bloomington Independent School District
|Bloomington Independent School District|
ESC Region 3
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||67.24 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||12.76 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division II|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
Bloomington Independent School District is a public school district based in the community of Bloomington in unincorporated Victoria County, Texas, United States. The district operates one high school, Bloomington High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $143,986,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.048 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Academically Acceptable
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, Bloomington ISD operated four schools.
- Bloomington High School (Grades 9-12)
- Bloomington Junior High School (Grades 6-8)
- Bloomington Elementary School (Grades 2-5)
- Placedo Elementary School (Grades PK-1)
Bloomington High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football . The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Bloomington High School will play football in UIL Class 2A Division II.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Bloomington ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Bloomington High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|