Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing
Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing (BQFP) was a joint venture owned by the Qatar Foundation and managed by Bloomsbury Publishing. Established in October 2008 and headquartered in Doha, BQFP was Qatar's first publishing house. Qatar Foundation and Bloomsbury Publishing ended their partnership in December 2015, with all of BQFP's published works being assimilated by QF's new publishing house, HBKU Press.
BQFP previously published a wide range of fiction, non-fiction, reference material, and children’s literature in both Arabic and English. A significant portion of its projects involved translating well-known works of Arabic into English and vice versa. These included children’s books like The Gruffalo and fiction such as The American Granddaughter by Inaam Kachachi, which has been translated from Arabic into English. By the time BQFP was dissolved, it had published over 200 books.
- Qatari Voices, a collection of essays by young Qataris.
Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals
Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals (BQFJ) previously published peer-reviewed research articles on its website QScience. It was launched in December 2010 and contained more than fifteen specialized and multidisciplinary journals. Its journals were open access. QScience published an overall 980 online research papers in 2013 of which 23% pertained to the field of health.
- Annual Translation Conference. The first conference was held May 2010, in partnership with Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar and moderated by best-selling novelist Ahdaf Soueif.
- Harding, Sue-Ann (2014). "'But we don't read, Professor!' Translation, Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing, and building a 'vibrant literary culture'". Perspectives: Studies in Translatology. Taylor & Francis. 22 (4): Abstract. doi:10.1080/0907676X.2014.948891. Retrieved 25 October 2015.
- Charlotte Eyre (22 December 2015). "Qatar's QF and Bloomsbury end partnership". The Bookseller. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Bloomsbury Qatar - Our Books". Bqfp.com.qa. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "Authors Suad Amiry and Randa Abdel-Fattah in Doha for BQFP's launch" (in French). Menassat. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Journals Launches QScience.com" (Press release). liblicense.crl.edu. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- "QScience to adopt Rubriq's Independent peer review process to speed publication time and increase trust". Qatar Foundation. 17 February 2014. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- "موقع QScience" (in Arabic). Qatar Government. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- "23% of Qscience articles are devoted to health". qatarisbooming.com. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- "Book Trade Announcements - Ahdaf Soueif Heads The First Literary Translation Conference In The Gulf". booktrade.info. Retrieved 2012-03-12.