Bloordale Village is a Business Improvement Area (BIA) that is located along Bloor Street from Lansdowne Avenue to Dufferin Street, west of downtown in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It sits on the southern border of the Wallace Emerson neighbourhood and the northern border of the Brockton Village neighbourhood. The district is home to a mix of shopping, bars and vintage clothing, book, and video stores. There are also many, many furniture stores.
Bloordale Village (commonly known as Bloordale) has undergone significant change in recent years, and is now considered one of Toronto's 'up and coming' art districts. The area is the location of Mercer Union Centre for Contemporary Art and Toronto Free Gallery. On Oct 23rd, 2013 the Bloordale Community Improvement Association was formed.
The Bloordale BIA was founded in 1976 and celebrated its 40th Anniversary in 2016. The former head of the BIA was the owner of House of Lancaster.
The strip along Bloor Street also has a large number of small restaurants and retail outlets. At Dufferin Street, the south side of the street is used by Bloor Collegiate Institute. The surrounding area is a highly diverse, mixed-income community. A mix of Portuguese, Caribbean, Italian, Bangladeshi, Latin American, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Burmese, Chinese, and Vietnamese populations are found in the neighbourhood. At one local primary school, 81 per cent of students speak a native language other than English.
- "BIA". Archived from the original on 2017-07-25.
- "Discover Bloordale".
- "West-End Pearls". National Post. November 22, 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-10.[dead link]
- Whyte, Murray (October 5, 2008). "Bloordale Gentrified: West Queen West's art moves north". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "Strip club owner spawns rivals as Bloordale tidies up on his watch | Toronto Star". thestar.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- Mathieu, Emily (June 5, 2008). "An unpretentious, friendly spirit". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "globeandmail.com: Bloordale Village". The Globe and Mail.
- The Bloordale Village BIA (Business Improvement Area)
- Bloordale Community Improvement Association
- BlogTO's Bloordale Directory