Bloordale Village is a Business Improvement Area (BIA) in Toronto that is located along Bloor Street from Lansdowne Avenue to Dufferin Street, west of downtown in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It sits on the southern border of the Wallace Emerson neighbourhood and the northern border of the Brockton Village neighbourhood. The district has a great combination of shopping, bars and art galleries.
Bloordale Village (commonly known as Bloordale) has undergone significant change in recent years, and is now considered one of Toronto's 'up and coming' art districts. The area is the location of Mercer Union Centre for Contemporary Art and Toronto Free Gallery. Each year, neighbourhood residents, businesses and community organizations participate actively in the Big on Bloor Street Festival and Toronto's Nuit Blanche. Bloordale also has its own news publication, The Bloordale Press, which covers a wide range of news focusing specifically on the area. On Oct 23rd, 2013 the Bloordale Community Improvement Association was formed.
The strip along Bloor Street also has a large number of small restaurants and retail outlets. At Dufferin Street, the south side of the street is used by Bloor Collegiate Institute. The surrounding area is a highly diverse, mixed-income community. A mix of Portuguese, Caribbean, Italian, Bangladeshi, Latin American, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Burmese, Chinese, Vietnamese and populations are found in the neighbourhood, where 80% of residents speak a native language other than English.
- "Bloordale Village BIA". Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "West-End Pearls". National Post. November 22, 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-10.[dead link]
- Whyte, Murray (October 5, 2008). "Bloordale Gentrified: West Queen West's art moves north". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "Big On Bloor". Bloor Improvement Group. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- Mathieu, Emily (June 5, 2008). "An unpretentious, friendly spirit". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "globeandmail.com: Bloordale Village". The Globe and Mail.
- The Bloordale Village BIA (Business Improvement Area)
- Bloordale Community Improvement Association
- BlogTO's Bloordale Directory
||Wallace Emerson||Dovercourt Park|
|Junction Triangle||Bloorcourt Village|