Blue Bus of Penwortham
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs to be updated. (June 2016)|
|Service type||Bus services|
- For other companies known as "Blue Bus", see Blue Bus
Roger Jarvis also purchased Whittaker's Coach Travel and revived the Blue Bus name from his former Blue Bus of Bolton operation.
In June 2009, with Stagecoach having purchased Preston Bus, bus usage of Stagecoach in Preston since the takeover in January had increased with better efficiency and a larger network. Blue Bus however incurred losses, forcing it to cease operating routes to Frenchwood and Broadgate.
Blue Bus of Penwortham operates numerous bus services. As well as standard local and inter-urban bus services, the company operates various school contracts and four Lancashire County Council financially supported services.
- 110 Leyland - Seven Stars - Moss Side - Croston - Bretherton - Tarleton - Mere Brow - Crossens - Churchtown - Southport
- 111 Preston - Leyland
- 112 Preston - Lostock Hall - Leyland - Croston - Bretherton
To cater for the hundreds of students travelling to school in the area every day, Blue Bus operate seven contracted services to various schools. Routes 312, 709, 776 and 787 connect to schools in towns and villages including Lower Adlington, Bamber Bridge, Brindle, Charnock Richard, Chorley, Farington, Higher Walton, Hoghton, Hutton, Riley Green and Tardy Gate as well as in the base town of Penwortham.
The fleet mainly comprises smaller mini- or midibuses. Mercedes-Benz Varios with Plaxton Beaver bodywork are partially prevalent, with various examples of the type. Both the Plaxton Beaver 1 and Beaver 2 models are operated. Some buses have the older Mercedes-Benz 709D chassis. Vehicles are run in a cream livery with a blue and red skirt, with some others in a livery similar to the Blue Bus of Bolton livery, which are painted in pale blue.
- Companies House extract company no 2732657 Rojay Services Limited
- Buses Magazine September 2005 issue 606 ISSN 0007-6392
- History - North West Arriva North West
- Traveline North West - School services Archived May 26, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. Accessed 15 July 2008, (enter service number for details).
- imr-transport pictures - "Blue Bus (Lancashire), Penwortham"[permanent dead link] Accessed 15 July 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blue Bus of Penwortham.|