Blue Canyon Wind Farm
|Blue Canyon Wind Farm|
Location within Oklahoma
|Official name||Blue Canyon Wind Farm|
|Commission date||December 2003|
|Owner(s)||EDP Renewables North America|
|Operator(s)||EDP Renewables North America|
|Units operational||45 NEG Micon 1.65 MW
84 Vestas V80-1.8 MW
66 GE sle 1.5 MW
Blue Canyon Wind Farm is the largest wind farm in Oklahoma, United States. The project, located in the Slick Hills north of Lawton, consists of three phases with. As of 2008[update], Blue Canyon remains Oklahoma's largest wind farm; however, several organizations including Oklahoma Gas & Electric plan to greatly increase Oklahoma's wind power capacity, and future projects may be larger.
Blue Canyon I
Blue Canyon I consists of 45 NEG Micon 1.65 MW wind turbines, with a collective nameplate capacity of 74.25 MW. It began commercial operations in December 2003, and is owned by Infigen Energy and Horizon Wind Energy.
Blue Canyon II
Canyon II consists of 84 Vestas V80-1.8 MW wind turbines, with a collective nameplate capacity of an additional 151.2 MW. It is owned and operated by Horizon Wind Energy, a subsidiary of Energias de Portugal, a world leading Portuguese utility, it began commercial operations in December 2005.
Blue Canyon V
View of the wind farm from the northeast, in Meers
- "Oklahoma Wind Energy Development". Wind Project Data Base. American Wind Energy Association. Retrieved 2005-05-16.
- "Two Oklahoma towns blown away by wind farm benefits". Crop Choice. 2003-11-03. Retrieved 2007-11-17.
- Clendenin, Julie (2008-10-31). "Oklahoma Winds Generate Clean Electricity, In-state Green Jobs as U.S. Wind Power Industry Continues to Expand". American Wind Energy Association. Retrieved 2008-12-15.
- "Blue Canyon Wind Farm, Oklahoma". Horizon Wind Energy. Retrieved 2006-05-16.
- "EDP Renewables North America". About | EDPR Wind Farms. December 26, 2014. Retrieved December 26, 2014.
|This article about a wind farm is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States power station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|