|Blue Castle Games (2005-2010)|
|Industry||Computer and video games|
|Founded||July 4, 2005|
|Headquarters||Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada|
|Tim Bennison, Bryce Cochrane, Chris Rowe|
|Products||Dead Rising series|
Number of employees
Capcom Game Studio Vancouver, Inc. (formerly Blue Castle Games), more commonly known as Capcom Vancouver, is a video game developer owned by Capcom, and currently holds a partnership with Microsoft Studios. As Blue Castle Games, the company is the creator of several successful baseball sports video games, including The Bigs, MLB Front Office Manager and The Bigs 2. They have also developed the Dead Rising series. Blue Castle Games was acquired by Capcom after the release of Dead Rising 2, and renamed Capcom Vancouver.
The company was formed on July 4, 2005 in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada by three core founders with thirty five years of combined video game experience. Starting with only twelve staff and one game (The Bigs), the company has grown to 200 people with 3 shipped titles. In February 2008, Blue Castle Games won the award for Best New Video Game Company at the 2008 Elan Awards for The Bigs, in a tie with another local Vancouver company. A wide number of developers in Capcom Vancouver were formerly of EA Games Canada, located only a couple blocks away from their studio. The company is currently working on multiple new projects using Unreal Engine 4.
Earlier this year, Capcom Vancouver moved the studio to a new building, a couple of blocks away from their previous location.
Blue Castle Games
|2007||The Bigs||PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Wii, Xbox 360|
|2009||MLB Front Office Manager||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
|The Bigs 2||Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Wii, Xbox 360|
|2010||Dead Rising 2: Case Zero||Xbox 360|
|Dead Rising 2||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
|Dead Rising 2: Case West||Xbox 360|
|2011||Dead Rising 2: Off the Record||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
|2013||Dead Rising 3||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One|
|2016||Dead Rising 4||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4|
|2017||Puzzle Fighter||iOS, Android|
- "Company Homepage". Capcom Vancouver. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
- "Capcom Group". CAPCOM Investor Relations. CAPCOM CO., LTD.
- Johnny Minkley (2008-11-07). "Blue Castle making Dead Rising 2".
- Brian Crecente (2008-07-09). "Dead Rising 2: Dead Rising 2 Set in Vegas?". Kotaku.
- "Blue Castle Games - Games under development". Blue Castle Games. Archived from the original on 2008-09-09. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- "Capcom buys Blue Castle Games".
- "Capcom Buys Dead Rising 2 Dev Blue Castle Games".
- "2K Sports - The BIGS". 2K Sports. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- "2nd Annual ELANS Winners". ELAN Awards. 2008-02-15.
- Hussain, Tamoor (January 14, 2016). "Dead Rising Dev Working on Multiple Unannounced Projects". GameSpot. Retrieved January 14, 2016.