Blue Chip Cookies
|Gourmet cookies and cookie cakes|
|Industry||Gourmet cookies, cookie cakes, decorated cookies|
|Founder||Matt and Lori Nader, sold it to BCC Enterprises|
|Headquarters||Milford, Ohio, United States|
Number of locations
|Milford, OH, Kenwood, OH, Newport, KY, Leawood, KS|
|Midwestern United States, primarily Greater Cincinnati, Kansas City, Kansas; online to the United States and Canada|
|Products||Gourmet cookies – white chocolate macadamia, chocolate chip, triple chocolate, chocolate chip M&M, Sugar Iced, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, Black and White, Cinnamon Delight, sugar cookie and more|
|Revenue||Over $2,000,000 per year|
|Owners||Donna Drury, Robert Heine|
|Parent||The Blue Chip Cookie Company, Inc|
Blue Chip Cookies is an American chain of gourmet cookie bakeries and mail-order gourmet cookie businesses with headquarters in Milford, Ohio, United States, and store locations in Ohio, Kansas, and Kentucky. Founded in March 1983 by the Nader family (Matt Nader died in 1997), Blue Chip Cookies specializes in cookies and cookie cakes and created the first white chocolate macadamia cookie.
In 1986, Blue Chip Cookies opened a store in Cincinnati, Ohio, a result of the city's efforts to market its nickname, "Blue Chip City". In 1998, Blue Chip Cookies was purchased by Edgewood, Kentucky–based B.C.C. Enterprises, a rare example of a franchisee that had grown larger than the franchisor. A privately held Loveland, Ohio–based company, acquired Blue Chip Cookies in November 2005 and opened a new store in Historic Downtown Loveland in June 2006. In January 2007, Blue Chip Cookie Company, Inc resumed franchising and licensing.
In 2007, Blue Chip Cookies focused their attention on driving the online e-commerce business by opening an online store. The 3000 square foot e-commerce facility is based in Milford, Ohio, and have found the strategic decision was instrumental in the overall creation of a sweet new business channel. In addition, Blue Chip Cookies special niche is corporate gifts and marketing initiatives. Known as one of the best corporate and holiday cookie gift.
BCC Direct, LLC, is now licensing the brand, to include the proprietary recipes, to select retailers across the United States. This is change from their franchising model. Donna Drury is majority owner and it is "Woman Owned Business".
- Liddle, Alan (1989-03-06). "Cookie chain tests interior seating - Blue Chip Cookies". Nation's Restaurant News. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Blue Chip Cookies". SF Weekly. Village Voice Media. 2001. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- Chase, Jodie (2008-03-26). "Second Helpings: Blue Chip Cookies popular with lots of readers". Contra Costa Times. MediaNews Group. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- Lawley, Lauren (1998-07-17). "Cookie firm swallows parent". Cincinnati Business Courier. American City Business Journals. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Cincinnati: many discounters say it's a 'blue chip' investment". Discount Store News. 1988-05-23. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2015-09-09.