Blue Coast Records
|Blue Coast Records|
Jean Claude Reynaud
|Genre||Various (jazz, acoustic, etc.)|
|Location||San Francisco Peninsula|
Blue Coast Records was founded by producer/engineer Cookie Marenco and French engineer Jean Claude Reynaud in 2007. The label is known for using the Direct Stream Digital hi-resolution format, using the labels’ proprietary recording technique Extended Sound Environment (E.S.E.). Artists include Kai Eckhardt, Tony Furtado, Rob Ickes, and others. The label is closely associated with OTR Studios, a recording studio located on the San Francisco Peninsula.
Blue Coast Records was founded by producer/engineer Cookie Marenco and French engineer Jean Claude Reynaud in 2007. The first record from Blue Coast Records, Blue Coast Collection, was released in an SACD format. Marenco also founded OTR Studios, a recording studio located on the San Francisco Peninsula. OTR also serves as the home base for Blue Coast Records.
The label is known for their 96k and DSD hi-resolution downloads and their monthly special events, where they record musicians live and hours later make the music available for download. Most of their recordings are done using 2" analog tape, and using the labels’ proprietary recording technique Extended Sound Environment (E.S.E.). Releases are always recorded in the studio without the use of headphones, overdubs or digital effects.
The following artists are on the label as of November 2013.
- "About". Blue Coast Records. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- Clark, Rick (May 1, 2004). "5.1 Recording Vibes With ESE". Mix. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- Sunier, John (June 20, 2008). "Blue Coast Collection – The E.S.E. Sessions – Various Artists – Blue Coast". Audiophile Audition. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- "Blue Coast Records High Resolution Downloads Three Hours After Performance". Computer Audiophile Forum. Retrieved 2013-11-19.[dead link]
- Blue Coast Artists: Official