Blue Creek Township, Paulding County, Ohio
|Blue Creek Township, Paulding County, Ohio|
Fields in the northern part of the township
Location of Blue Creek Township in Paulding County
|• Total||36.2 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Land||36.2 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||738 ft (225 m)|
|• Density||22.2/sq mi (8.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086768|
Blue Creek Township is one of the twelve townships of Paulding County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 804 people in the township, 506 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Paulding Township - north
- Jackson Township - northeast corner
- Latty Township - east
- Hoaglin Township, Van Wert County - southeast corner
- Union Township, Van Wert County - south
- Tully Township, Van Wert County - southwest corner
- Benton Township - west
- Harrison Township - northwest corner
Name and history
It is the only Blue Creek Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Paulding County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.