Blue Dragon Plus
|Blue Dragon Plus|
|Genre(s)||Tactical role-playing game|
Blue Dragon Plus (Japanese: ブルードラゴンプラス Hepburn: Burū Doragon Purasu) is a role-playing video game designed by Mistwalker and developed by feelplus and Brownie Brown. It was published by AQ Interactive in Japan on September 4, 2008, and by UTV Ignition Entertainment February 19, 2009 in North America. It is the second of three games in the Blue Dragon series, and the first of two for the Nintendo DS.
One year after the events of the original game, the world continues to embrace and explore the cube worlds that resulted from the opening of the planet's core. One day King Jibral and Zola encounter a mysterious evil three-headed dragon shadow called Balaur emerging from one of the cubes. Zola has a bad feeling about it and after informing Shu and the party, they find themselves on another adventure to discover this new threat.
Blue Dragon Plus is a real time strategy game. It can be played entirely with the Nintendo DS stylus. Battles initiate once the party comes in contact with the enemy, and the characters can attack automatically. Characters can also engage in Shadow Battles when an enemy with a shadow is encountered. Magic can be used when characters use their skills by summoning their shadows.
The game received a positive review from IGN Australia, citing beautiful FMVs comparable to the Xbox 360's as well as fast paced action and good camera control. Nintendo Power gave it a rating of 8 of 10. X-Play gave it a 4 out of 5.
- Gamasutra - Developing An Epic: Nakazato On Lost Odyssey And The Future
- "Blue Dragon Plus (ds) reviews at Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Famitsu review scores". Nintendo Everything. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- Patrick Kolan. "IGN: Blue Dragon Plus AU Review". IGN. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- Official English Blue Dragon website Archived October 31, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Jenkins, David (September 11, 2008). "Japanese Charts: Rhythm Slows To A Crawl In Sluggish Week". Gamasutra.com. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- "GEIMIN.NET／2008年テレビゲームソフト売り上げTOP500（ファミ通版）". Geimin.net (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 2015-09-23. Retrieved 2009-09-07.