Blue Dragon Plus
|Blue Dragon Plus|
|Genre(s)||Tactical role-playing game|
Blue Dragon Plus (Japanese: ブルードラゴンプラス Hepburn: Burū Doragon Purasu?) is a role-playing game designed by Mistwalker and developed by Feelplus and Brownie Brown. It was published by AQ Interactive in Japan on September 4, 2008, and by Ignition Entertainment February 19, 2009 in North America. It is the second of three games in the Blue Dragon series, and the first of two for the Nintendo DS video game console.
One year after the events of the original game, the world continues to embrace and explore the cube worlds that resulted from the opening of the planet's core. One day King Jibral and Zola encounter a mysterious evil three-headed dragon shadow called Balaur emerging from one of the cubes. Zola has a bad feeling about it and after informing Shu and the party, they find themselves on another adventure to discover this new threat.
Blue Dragon Plus is a real time strategy game. Its gameplay style is similar to that of Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, also for the DS. It can be played entirely with the Nintendo DS stylus. Like in Revenant Wings, battles initiate once the party comes in contact with the enemy, and the characters can attack automatically. Characters can also engage in Shadow Battles when an enemy with a shadow is encountered. Magic can be used when characters use their skills by summoning their shadows.
The following is a list of all of the playable characters in the game. Each character will be able to wield their own Shadow.
- Shu and Blue Dragon
- Jiro and Minotaur
- Kluke and Phoenix
- Marumaro and Saber Tiger
- Zola and Killer Bat
- King Jibral and Qilin
- General Szabo and Jack O'Lantern
- Toripo and Tarantula
- Poo Snake and King Poo Snake
- Fushira and Rafflesia
- Sahlia and Cat Genie
- Marumira and Cerberus
- Marutora and Kraken
- Yasato and Pegasus
- Nene and Chimera
- Himiko and Asura
- Also customizable robot companions.
The game received a positive review from IGN Australia, citing beautiful FMVs comparable to the Xbox 360's as well as fast paced action and good camera control. Nintendo Power gave it a rating of 8 of 10. X-Play gave it a 4 out of 5.
- Gamasutra - Developing An Epic: Nakazato On Lost Odyssey And The Future
- "Blue Dragon Plus (ds) reviews at Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Patrick Kolan. "IGN: Blue Dragon Plus AU Review". IGN. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- Official English Blue Dragon website
- Jenkins, David (September 11, 2008). "Japanese Charts: Rhythm Slows To A Crawl In Sluggish Week". Gamasutra.com. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- "GEIMIN.NET／2008年テレビゲームソフト売り上げTOP500（ファミ通版）". Geimin.net (in Japanese). Retrieved 2009-09-07.