Blue Grass, Virginia
|Elevation||2,549 ft (777 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1481852|
Blue Grass is an unincorporated community on VA 642 at its junction with VA 640 in Highland County, Virginia, United States. Blue Grass lies along the South Branch Potomac River and is located approximately 6.1 miles (9.8 km) north of Monterey, Virginia. It was previously known as Crabbottom and Hulls Store before the Board on Geographic Names officially decided upon Blue Grass in 1950. Near Blue Grass is the Devils Backbone rock formation. Blue Grass has a post office with ZIP code 24413. The Hollywood silent film classic Tol'able David was filmed in Blue Grass during 1921.
- Susan Swecker – Chair of the Democratic Party of Virginia, was raised there
- "Blue Grass". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved December 22, 2013.
- Google (December 22, 2013). "Blue Grass, Virginia" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved December 22, 2013.
- Morton, Oren Frederic (1922). A Handbook of Highland County: And a Supplement to Pendleton and Highland History. Highland Recorder. p. 10.
- "Find Locations - Blue Grass". United States Postal Service. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- Ausführliches Essay zum Film
|This Highland County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|