Blue Murder (album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||25 April 1989|
|Studio||Little Mountain Sound Studios, Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Blue Murder chronology|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||7/10|
The back of the album states that it is dedicated to Phil Lynott. John Sykes had played with Thin Lizzy in the past, and often credits Lynott with being a huge inspiration. Many of the lyrical themes contained in the album echo those of Thin Lizzy as well.
All songs written by John Sykes, except where indicated.
- "Riot" - 6:22
- "Sex Child" - 5:51
- "Valley of the Kings" (Sykes, Tony Martin) - 7:51
- "Jelly Roll" - 4:44
- "Blue Murder" (Carmine Appice, Sykes, Tony Franklin) - 4:54
- "Out of Love" - 6:44
- "Billy" - 4:12
- "Ptolemy" - 6:30
- "Black-Hearted Woman" (Appice, Franklin, Sykes) - 4:48
The album was reissued by UK-based company Rock Candy Records in 2013. Initial pressings of this reissue stated that it included an extra song called "Cold Harbor" on the package, but this is simply an error on the packaging; no such song exists or appears on the reissue of the album. Later pressings corrected this, removing any reference to the song.
- Blue Murder
- John Sykes - guitars, lead vocals
- Tony Franklin - bass, backing vocals
- Carmine Appice - drums, backing vocals
- Additional musicians
- Nik Green - keyboards
- John Webster - additional keyboard programming
- Bob Rock - producer
- Mike Fraser - engineer, mixing
- Chris Taylor, Ken Lomis - assistant engineers
- Greg Fulginiti, John Golden - mastering
- John Kalodner - A&R
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Blue Murder Blue Murder review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 8 October 2011.
- Popoff, Martin (1 November 2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 2: The Eighties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 54. ISBN 978-1-894959-31-5.
- "Billboard Top 200 Albums 06-24-1989". Retrieved 24 January 2019.
|This 1980s metal album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|