Blue Ocean Network
|Blue Ocean Network|
|Network||Satellite & Cable
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 571|
|Eutelsat 28A||11344 H 27500 2/3|
It states it "is one of the first private English-language Television Network to offer International viewers fresh China-focused news and features, including business & technology, travel, art & creativity, and health & living programming, produced exclusively from China." 
It previously stated its aim was to provide "comprehensive and objective programming produced exclusively from, and about, China".
- 1 Programming
- 2 Television availability as of December 2014
- 2.1 BON TV International Coverage
- 2.2 U.S. Broadcast
- 2.3 TV Everywhere 24/7 availability
- 3 References
- 4 External links
The station primarily broadcasts two types of shows, news and culture.
The news shows have included China Price Watch, China Beat, China Take, MicroBlog Buzz, On the Level, and Media Watch. Previous and current news anchors include Fergus Thompson, Joshua Linder, Neal Jones, David Nye, Joseph Nordstrom, Michael Butterworth, Ken Xu, Matt Sheehan, Yue Xu, and a number of others with deep insight into China related topics. Because it is run independently, BON's news programming has been able to report on a variety of topics considered taboo on state-run Chinese news networks.
Cultural programming includes reality travel shows, talk shows, and educational programming.
Many of the station's programs are available on television and online platforms. A number of the videos have gone viral on YouTube and Chinese social media platforms such as Weibo, Baidu Video, Sohu, and Youku Tudou.
The official website's About Us section states that its programming "is available on Dish Network USA as part of the International Basic Package and Chinese Package, on Sky TV (BSkyB) across Great Britain as part of the Basic Package, on MHz Networks USA in Washington DC, and on Broadcast Stations and Cable Networks across more than 30 U.S. States."
It is available via the following outlets:
North America Galaxy 23 C-Band Free-to-air/unencrypted Location - 121 Degrees West Longitude Downlink C-Band Frequency - 3780 MHz Downlink Polarity - Vertical Modulation - MPEG-2/DVB-S QPSK FEC: 7/8 Symbol Rate - 29.27 MS/s Virtual Channel Map # 112
Europe Eutelsat 28a Ku-Band Free-to-air/unencrypted Location: 28.5 Degrees East Longitude Downlink Frequency - 11344 Downlink Polarity - Horizontal Symbol Rate - 27.50MS/s FEC: 2/3
Asia-Pacific/Australasia/Africa/Middle East Measat-3 C-Band Free-to-air/unencrypted Location - 91.5 Degrees East Longitude Downlink Freq - 3920 MHz, V-Pol Symbol Rate - 29.72MS/s FEC - 5/6 Modulation - 8PSK, DVB-S2 Service ID: 306 Service Name: BON Video PID: 3060 Audio PID: 3061
BON TV International Coverage
Currently available 24/7 (unless otherwise described) via:
NETWORK PACKAGE/CHANNEL LOCATION
Galaxy 23 See satellite coordinates above Covering North America, Mexico and the Caribbean Islands
Eutelsat 28A Europe and NW Africa
Measat 3 Greater Asia and Asia-Pacific region, Africa, the Middle East, and Australasia
Dish Network International Basic Package Channel 9792 Chinese Basic Package Channel 9794
All USA Territories Sky TV (BSkyB)
Freeview HD (DTH-to-IPTV platform)
Channel 571 (News Category)
Channel 244 (Vision TV bouquet) UK
MHz Networks (USA) Washington, DC Metro Area (24/7) MHz 5 [Channel 30.5] Comcast Cable – Channel 275 Cox Cable – Channel 474 Verizon FiOS - Channel 457 MHz Worldview National Channel (across 20 States), and MHz 1 (Washington, DC Metro Area)
24/7 A 1-hour prime time morning news feature and a 1-hour prime time evening news feature - 7 days a week
BON TV is available on MHz Networks across the following U.S. broadcast and cable regions on MHz Worldview (morning prime time and evening prime time):
|City of license/market||Station||Virtual
|Salt Lake City||KUEN||9.2|
TV Everywhere 24/7 availability
• DishWorld (on Roku) - Live stream of BON TV (available with any Dish Network International Package) • DishWorld (App - iMac/iPad) - Live stream of BON TV (available with any Dish Network International Package) • NETV UK - Live mobile streaming of the BON TV channel and Video On Demand BON content across the United Kingdom on Apple, Android and Windows Phone devices (February 2014) • NETV Africa - Live mobile streaming of the BON TV channel and Video On Demand BON content across English-speaking African countries on Apple, Android and Windows Phone devices (upcoming January 2015) shortly followed by all of the African continent during 2015.
- Global Times - Blue Ocean TV plans venture into strange waters - 1 August 2010
- Blue Ocean Network - About Us
- Farrar, Lara. "Can Chinese media rule the airwaves?". CNN.com. Retrieved 13 October 2015.