Blue Panorama Airlines
|Founded||3 September 1998|
|Headquarters||Fiumicino, Rome, Italy|
Blue Panorama Airlines S.p.A. is an Italian airline headquartered in Fiumicino operating scheduled and charter flights from Italy - especially Rome-Fiumicino and Milan-Malpensa - to various international destinations. Blu-express is the brand name for low-cost short and medium range flights operated by Blue Panorama. Additional business charter flights are operated under the name Executive Blue.
A private Italian airline operating intercontinental, international and national charter and scheduled flights. Employees 500 It was founded in Rome in 1998, and has been an IATA member since 2002 (BV IATA code). The company is based in Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport, Rome, and in Malpensa Airport, Milan.
As of September 2017, over 80% of the airline's traveler reviews on TripAdvisor rank the airline as "Terrible". The airline has a 2 out of 10 customer rating on SkyTrax with an average for 2018 of 1 out of 10, the lowest possible score.The airline has also gained a reputation for the innovative techniques it employs for extorting money from its customers. According to reviews on major travel sites a particular favourite is to "fine" customers Euro 60 per flight if the booking name differs from the name on the passport e.g.because of the omission of a middle name.It works perfectly as unless the "fine" is paid no boarding pass will be issued.The airport staff are complicit and they receive a "commission" of Euro 10 for each payment extracted.
In January 2012, Alitalia declared interest in a merger with Blue Panorama, as well as with Wind Jet, another Italian airline. In April 2012 Alitalia decided not to proceed with the acquisitions. In October 2012, Blue Panorama entered bankruptcy protection. This license gave the airline the ability to restructure itself.
In January 2014, Blue Panorama Airlines requested to be admitted to extraordinary administration procedure and the abandonment of the composition procedure in continuity. The management of the airline is left to the company’s founder. Blue Panorama confirmed that company business and flights are fully operational.
Blue Panorama Airlines codeshares with the following airlines:
As of September 2018, the Blue Panorama fleet includes the following aircraft:
In popular culture
- Blue Panorama Boeing 757-200 EI-DKL and Boeing 767-300ER appear in John Legend's music video for "Show Me".
Accidents and Incidents
July 16, 2004 - A Boeing 767 operating as flight 1504 experienced an uncontained engine failure on takeoff from Rome-Fimucino Airport. The plane successfully returned after conducting an emergency landing. Further investigation revealed that a high pressure fuel hose leaked approximately 700 kilograms of fuel into the engine's nacelle during taxi, which later ignited upon takeoff.
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Elenco delle imprese titolari di licenza di trasporto aereo". enac.gov.it. Archived from the original on 22 April 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Blue Panorama Airlines". Archived from the original on 2014-11-02. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Blu Express - ch-aviation.com". ch-aviation. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- fonte: Executive Blue web site[permanent dead link]
- "Profile on Blue Panorama Airlines - CAPA - Centre for Aviation". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- IATA. "IATA - Current Airline Members". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Blue Panorama Airlines". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Blue Panorama Airlines Reviews and Flights (with photos) - TripAdvisor". www.tripadvisor.com. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Blue Panorama Airlines - Customer reviews". www.airlinequality.com. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- UBM Information Ltd. 2015 (6 December 2012). "Blu Express to Start Rome – Moscow Service from April 2013". Routesonline. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- Reed Business Information Limited. "Alitalia plans merger with Blue Panorama and Wind Jet". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Alitalia to merge with Wind Jet and Blue Panorama Airlines". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Airline merger The integration of Blue Panorama, Wind Jet and Alitalia - eTurboNews.com". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Alitalia, Blue Panorama and Wind Jet plan to merge". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Alitalia moves ahead with a merger with Blue Panorama and Wind Jet". World Airline News. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Alitalia plans merger with Blue Panorama and Wind Jet". Archived from the original on 25 September 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Integration of Wind Jet operations with Alitalia receives board approval". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Avionews.com - Alitalia will integrate Wind Jet: operation approved". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Italy's Blue Panorama enters bankruptcy protection". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- N. Tchallabes. "volaspheric". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Blue Panorama Airlines enters into bankruptcy protection and reorganization". World Airline News. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- N. Tchallabes. "volaspheric". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Blue Panorama applies for bankruptcy protection, continues operations". ch-aviation. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso. "Albania, Belle Air stops flights". Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- Business Traveller. "Belle Air ceases operations - Business Traveller". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Avionews.com - Blue Panorama confirms business continuity and that its flights are fully operational". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Blue Panorama Airlines enters administration, in negotiations with an 'international investor'". D.
- "Blue Panorama Airlines Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. 12 September 2018. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
Media related to Blue Panorama Airlines at Wikimedia Commons