Blue Ridge Independent School District
|Blue Ridge Independent School District|
|Blue Ridge, Texas|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||54.1 (2016-17) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||14.0 (2016-17)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 3A|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2016-17||Met Standard|
|Website||Blue Ridge ISD|
Blue Ridge Independent School District is a public school district based in Blue Ridge, Texas (USA). Located in Collin County, the district extends into a very small portion of southwestern Fannin County.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $122,029,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.117 and the bond tax rate was $0.050 per $100 of appraised valuation.
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2017: Met Standard
- 2016: Met Standard
- 2015: Met Standard
- 2014: Met Standard
- 2013: Met Standard
- 2012: N/A
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2016-2017 school year, the district had students in three schools.
- Blue Ridge High (Grades 9-12)
- Blue Ridge Middle (Grades 6-8)
- Blue Ridge Elementary (Grades PK-5)
Blue Ridge High School participates in the following UIL Class 3A sports:
- Track & Field
- Cross Country
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Blue Ridge ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Blue Ridge High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.