Blue River Township, Harrison County, Indiana
|Blue River Township|
Location in Harrison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||38.65 sq mi (100.1 km2)|
|• Land||38.44 sq mi (99.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.22 sq mi (0.6 km2) 0.57%|
|Elevation||748 ft (228 m)|
|• Density||53.7/sq mi (20.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453118|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 38.65 square miles (100.1 km2), of which 38.44 square miles (99.6 km2) (or 99.46%) is land and 0.22 square miles (0.57 km2) (or 0.57%) is water. The stream of Baldy Creek runs through this township.
Cities and towns
- Milltown (east half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Posey Township, Washington County (north)
- Morgan Township (east)
- Jackson Township (southeast)
- Spencer Township (south)
- Whiskey Run Township, Crawford County (west)
The township contains four major cemeteries: Boston, Breedlove, Mount Zion and Reno.
- "Blue River Township, Harrison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.