Blue Skies (Jamiroquai song)
|Single by Jamiroquai|
|from the album Rock Dust Light Star|
|Released||1 November 2010|
|Length||3:52 (original mix)|
|Jamiroquai singles chronology|
"Blue Skies" is the second single from British alternative group Jamiroquai's studio album Rock Dust Light Star. The single was released via digital download on 1 November 2010. The song was written by band frontman Jay Kay and Matt Johnson. It is the band's second single to be released under Mercury Records. The single did not receive an official physical release because it was released on the same date as the group's album. The video for the single was made available on the group's YouTube account on 25 September. The track peaked at number 76 on the UK Singles Chart.
- "Blue Skies" - 4:02
- Promotional CD Single
- "Blue Skies" (Original Mix) - 3:52
- "Blue Skies" (Linus Loves Remix) - 7:30
- "Blue Skies" (Flux Pavilion Remix) - 5:46
- "Blue Skies" (Fred Falke Remix) - 7:48
- "Blue Skies" (Fred Falke Instrumental) - 7:40
- "Blue Skies" (Fred Falke Radio Edit) - 4:08
The music video shows Jay Kay riding a Harley Davidson fat boy motorbike through the outback of Almeria, attempting to find a beauty spot where he can look at the Blue Skies, hence the title of the song. The video shows jay riding his bike through many roads of Spain, only to stop in a desert and to be taken off by a helicopter. After he leaves in the helicopter, he tracks back to see the bike, which is sitting in the desert. After doing this, he leaves.
|Belgian Tip Chart (Wallonia)||12|
|Dutch Singles Chart||79|
|Italian Singles Chart||18|
|UK Singles Chart||76|
- Jamiroquai Official Website. Posted on 16 August 2010. Jamiroquai's New Album Is Called 'Rock Dust Light Star'
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 25 October 2012. Retrieved 2011-06-22.